Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
We're looking for an experienced team manager who takes ownership and is ready to develop break-through solutions while maintaining an empathetic and collaborative team culture. In this role you’ll lead a team in designing and building apps that help members address their behavioral health needs. You'll work closely with product managers, designers, and cross-functional teams to create the most innovative and relevant digital healthcare platform on the market. You’ll be supporting a community of thousands of health employers and partners.
This is truly a leadership position, so we need someone with both technical skill and an effective management style. For success in this role you’ll have at least three years of management experience and the ability to guide, innovate and thrive in a fast-paced and passionate environment. Come be empowered, ask big questions, think outside the box and truly make a difference.
- Providing leadership and growth for a team of software engineers, guiding them toward successful and timely completion of projects
- Work closely with product manager and related teams to define product scope and deadlines using an agile, continuous planning process
- Managing project deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and allocating resources
- Creating and managing team KPI’s, dashboards, and metrics for success
- Cultivating a productive, strong, and happy culture within the department
- Providing updates, recommendations, and advocacy to leadership on behalf of the department
- Identifying opportunities for new projects and processes, then planning, collaborating, and successfully implementing
- Act as the backstop on technical direction as needed
- Take responsibility for hiring new engineers as needed
- Collaborating with Product, Design, Data, Operations, and Customer-facing teams to optimize technology and efficiency in product development, operations and infrastructure
- Developing new initiatives and continuously streamline the engineering and software development processes
- 3+ years’ management experience
- 5+ years’ experience in backend software development
- A people- and mission-oriented management style, in an Agile team environment
- Strong and varied experience working with platforms, languages and frameworks
- Deep experience with feature development and scalable frontend development
- Coaching experience, with the ability to recognize and utilize unique strengths in teammates
- A passion for building rapport, solving problems, and leading decisions in a cross-functional environment
- A drive to meet deadlines and achieve or exceed goals
- Adaptability, creativity, and sharp focus on achieving goals in an ever-changing environment
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills
- Passion, collaboration, and productivity in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong communication skills, for delivering recommendations and updates to upper management, with the ability to communicate succinctly, effectively explaining technical concepts to non-technical personnel
- Adaptability in changing work environments, managing new priorities, new instructions, delays, or unexpected events
- Technical hands on; proficiency in coding; providing code review; best practices
$XX-XX base salary is based on full time employment in Colorado only. Actual pay may vary based job-related skills, qualifications, certifications, and experience. This role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus or commission payment, in addition to equity incentives and a comprehensive benefits package.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.