Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
Teladoc’s Internal Audit function provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve Teladoc’s operations. The Senior Manager, Internal Audit assists the Vice President of Internal Audit, Board of Directors, and senior management in the effective discharge of their responsibilities by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management, and governance processes. Further, the role will assist and lead internal audit projects with a focus on the examination and analysis of processes, risks and internal controls related to information technology, compliance, operational, strategic, and other aspects of the company.
- Participate in the development of audit methodologies and contribute to strategic initiatives to support the goals of the internal audit function
- Develop and manage the audit universe and risk-based internal audit plan for assigned areas of responsibility. Complete periodic risk assessment of the audit universe
- Plan, organize, conduct, and deliver high quality internal audit projects based on internal audit plan and/or requested by management or Audit Committee; initial focus on Information Security and Technology activities based on defined regulatory requirements and system implementations, and efforts of GRC team
- Lead the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley 404 IT audit activities (responsibility for IT General Controls, support for IT application controls) with direct responsibility for process walkthroughs and testing completed by internal resources and IT audit co-source provider, and summarization of results of the company’s assessment of Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting
- Interact with process and control owners, Internal Audit team members, and the company’s external audit personnel, as appropriate, throughout the audit process
- Ensure high quality internal audit workpapers and reports that accurately reflect the work performed, and actively monitor audit issues to ensure timely and effective remediation
- Identify and further promote efficiencies using data analytics
- Keep up to date on business activities, technological trends and emerging risks, and information significant to the profession and industry
- Develop and maintain working relationships with senior level stakeholders
- Promote internal audit, risk, and controls awareness throughout the organization
- Work with Vice President of Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team to identify current and emerging risks facing the organization
- Participate in M&A activities (due diligence), special projects and investigations as needed
- Assist Vice President of Internal Audit with senior management and Audit Committee reporting
- Sufficient knowledge and understanding of internal control concepts and frameworks (COSO, COBIT, NIST, SSAE18/SOC), Sarbanes-Oxley standards requirements, and auditing processes and methodologies
- HITRUST, HIPAA, and GDPR experience are all a plus
- 10+ years of relevant work experience required, including public accounting (Big 4) and/or Internal Audit and Sarbanes-Oxley audit experience with a publicly traded company
- Experience auditing IT governance, information security, IT operations, technology infrastructure, and application controls
- Excellent team management experience including hiring, coaching, developing, setting priorities, and driving accountability
- Knowledge of AuditBoard software and data analysis techniques (e.g., ACL, IDEA) a plus
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing and dynamic environment
- Build solid working relationships with key individuals across the organization
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organization skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to lead meetings
- Strong work ethic with self-accountability for high-quality results
- Highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required; Master’s degree a plus
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification required
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.