Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
The machine learning effort is part of the Data Science team at Teladoc Health and works closely with product managers, engineering, and operations to identify, build, ship, and maintain machine learning models and pipelines to personalize how our members manage chronic conditions.
This is an opportunity to use technical rigor to apply machine learning to real-world business problems, and engineer, deploy, measure, and iterate ML in production, for every Teladoc Health member.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain production-grade data processing, machine learning, and deep learning code, pipelines, and systems
- Contribute to the MLOps infrastructure improvement efforts to scale the deployment and utilization of ML models in various stages of our member engagement and retention
- Use Python, SQL, Tensorflow, and PyTorch to run exploratory analyses using both traditional and deep-learning techniques. This includes feature engineering, unsupervised learning, supervised learning, reinforcement learning
- Run machine learning tests and experiments; measure the performance of deployed models; work with data scientists to propose improvements and iterate to improve performance
- Manage machine learning model lifecycle: develop, deploy, monitor, maintain, and update models in production
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
- Keep abreast of developments in the field
- Collaborate closely with product management and engineering teams to drive requirements and define new product features and architecture
- Extensive experience in building and scaling maintainable software, data-engineering, and machine learning pipelines
- Ability to write robust code in Python, Spark, SQL
- Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or a similar role
- Experience designing and building reusable, maintainable code for model training, evaluation, and interpretation
- Advanced degree in computer science, math, statistics, or a related discipline
- Deep knowledge of probability, statistics, and algorithms
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Familiarity with ML systems, recommendation engines, NLP, etc.
- Experience with agile sprint processes to deliver ML work
- Familiarity with the entire ML algorithm lifecycle (modeling approach ideation, POC, data exploration, data processing, feature extraction, feature construction, model development, evaluation, iteration)
- Willingness to learn new ML platforms and tools, as well as propose and help teams adopt new tools
- Great active listening skills to infer product needs and underlying context
- Ability to collaborate effectively with peers, and respect for member privacy
$100-120,000 base salary is based on full time employment in Colorado only. Actual pay may vary based job-related skills, qualifications, certifications, and experience. This role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus or commission payment, in addition to equity incentives and a comprehensive benefits package.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.