Simply stated, Teladoc Health exists to empower people with chronic conditions to live better and healthier lives. Teladoc Health is seeking an engineer with an emphasis on data processing, transformation, fidelity, and scalability. The applicant should have a strong interest in the interface between real-time and reporting systems, pulling data from multiple sources into central data storage, and collaborating with internal teams to help provide for their data needs.
It is engineering! Our members are why we come to work every day and our data engineers design and develop the tools to give them a revolutionary, seamless experience across our many hospitals, chronic care, and telemedicine products
Data is a “first class citizen” among the Teladoc engineering teams and our engineers have a seat at the table in designing and developing data pipelines to manage how data flows between our disparate systems.
- Work with cutting-edge tools such as Scala, Python, Spark, and SparkSQL to build production-grade machine learning (ML) pipelines and tools
- Perform continuous integration to ensure that every step of an ML pipeline is testable and automated
- Assist in maintaining data integrity in production systems
- Use trained models to enable rapid experimentation
- Participate in Agile/SAFE planning around data feature requests and advocate for the best data engineering projects in priority planning
- Collaborate closely with Teladoc Health’s ML experts, Data Scientists, Product Managers, and clinical researchers to build products that help people live better lives
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- Unshakeable (nearly innate) grasp of software engineering fundamentals
- Specific experience creating and maintaining production pipelines
- Keen attention to detail and a knack for prioritizing competing objectives
- The ability to solve real-life business problems with data
- A passion for using your work to improve lives
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in software development
- 2+ years in a data engineering role
- Strong SQL development experience (Postgres / AWS Redshift/MySQL)
- Expertise in Scala, Java, or Python
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.