Teladoc Health is the leading telehealth solution company enabling remote physician care anytime, anywhere.
The Release Train Engineer has the primary purpose of supporting and coaching an Agile Release Train by steering it to success and navigating the complexity of delivering software in large, cross-functional environments. The RTE helps resolve and escalate impediments, manages risk, helps assure value delivery, and drives program-level continuous improvement. The RTE is accountable for the overall planning, coordination, execution, and delivery of value through the program.
- Manage program level coordination, such as creating timelines, milestones, and cadence of increments and releases, and oversee the development of reports and analyses that document program activity
- Lead project teams and provide and leadership; act as consultant/coach to management in resolving unusually difficult problems
- Participate with management and cross-functional teams as subject matter expert to develop and improve operating policies and procedures related to Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and be an advocate in adopting Agile and SAFe best practices and processes
- Develop/modify processes, policies, and procedures to facilitate the working relationship between Global Technology and its business functions/partners
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Lead preparation and execution of release planning for the Agile Release Team (ART)
- Collaborate with the team that prioritizes the features to be considered in the next program increment (PI) planning cycle
- Facilitate the ART’s refinement of features to be considered in the next PI planning cycle to meet the feature definition of ready
- Provide regular and open communication across the program and stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments
- Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity
- 8-10 years progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/technologies/processes related to the position as well as 3-5 years managing teams and/or significant complex project
- Proven, prior experience as Release Train Engineer for long-lived value streams and Products
- A strong, strategic, and ambitious mindset coupled with intellectual energy
- Demonstrated experience working in a matrixed environment and influencing key stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (written, verbal, presentation), strong documentation skills, ability to communicate technical concepts
- Strong organizational and planning skills and experience in establishing process and procedure, analyzing, and developing process improvements
- Experience with Software Development tools, techniques, and methodologies
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.
$140 - $160K salary range is based on full time employment in Colorado only. Actual pay may vary based job-related skills, qualifications, certifications, and experience. This role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus or commission payment, in addition to equity incentives and a comprehensive benefits package.