Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
If you’re an experienced hardware engineer or system engineer with medical device background, this is your chance to bring world-class products – the latest and greatest in remote monitoring technology for chronic health conditions – from concept through design, development, validation, and mass production. As our senior hardware system engineer, you’ll have the challenge and the satisfaction of delivering the smart devices that are transforming the healthcare ecosystem, improving health outcomes, and reducing healthcare costs. These products leverage data science and machine learning to support a community of thousands of health employers, partners, and Teladoc Members living with chronic and/or behavioral health conditions.
You will be directly applying your hardware engineering expertise and working with cross functional teams to realize product commercialization. This is a highly collaborative role, and you will work closely with Product design, Firmware, Software, Mobile App, Industrial Design, Regulatory, Quality, and Supply Chain on product system requirements, product connectivity design and implementations. This is also a hands-on technical role that you will solve challenging system engineering and hardware engineering problems and execute hardware integration tests.
If you’re perfect for this job, you’ll have a strong technical background and demonstrated excellence working in cross-functional teams to launch new products in a fast-paced environment. You’ll have the opportunity to exercise your leadership ability and apply new best practices to intriguing projects.
- Due to the nature of this position, access of our hardware lab in Mountain View CA is required
- As a subject matter expert in wireless connectivity (cellular, wifi and BLE), work with product team and engineering team on supporting connectivity roadmap, design, testing and product certification
- Define and execute system design integrations on a variety of products
- Collaborate with cross function teams to develop system requirements, system design, risk management, and traceability
- Stay current on developments and technology affecting product connectivity
- Troubleshoot device issues involving hardware and software
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in developing consumer and/or medical device hardware and software technologies
- 7+ years of experience working in close collaboration with engineering subject matter experts
- 3+ years of hands-on experience on at least one of the following wireless technologies: Cellular (4G/LTE or 5G), WiFi, or BLE
- Experience with product development lifecycle
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills, for delivering plans and ensuring alignment across all teammates, in multiple departments
- A Bachelors’ degree in engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Impress us even more:
- A master’s degree in engineering
- Experience with IoT cellular modems
- Experience with schematic and PCB design
- Experience with medical device product safety standards such as IEC 60601
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.