Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
Teladoc is seeking a Tax Analyst to be a key contributor within its tax function. This individual will help transform the tax processes in a rapidly growing company. The position will report to the Director of Tax and work directly with various stakeholders within the organization.
- Prepare domestic and foreign quarterly and annual tax provision along with SEC disclosures under US GAAP and ASC 740
- Monitor worldwide tax legislation and accounting guidance to ensure proper tax reporting
- Identify and monitor uncertain tax positions
- Prepare compliance for domestic entities, including quarterly estimates and extensions
- Maintain/improve effective controls over all tax processes
- Perform tax research and prepare memoranda as needed
- Identify tax savings opportunities
- Participate in integration of acquisitions
- Compile information requests for various tax audits and draft notice responses
- Work effectively across departments for various tax and business needs
- Participate in tax provision process optimization, develop and implement procedural changes, potentially implement tax provision software
- Work with outside providers on transfer pricing analyses and R&D projects
- Assist with state registrations and annual reports
- Assist in review of tax language in various contracts and intercompany agreements
- Assist with indirect tax analysis and compliance as needed
- Stay current on technology opportunities for automation/efficiency opportunities
- Perform other duties as required
- Self-starter with attention to detail
- Team player with solid interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and meet hard deadlines
- Thrives on change within a fast-paced environment
- Organized and efficient work approach, continuous improvement mentality
- Provision software/implementation experience is a plus
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS office; advanced Excel
- Strong professional ethics and integrity
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- CPA, MST, or MSA preferred
- 2+ years’ experience with US GAAP, ASC 740, and SEC regulations
- Public accounting experience preferred, multinational industry experience valued
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.