Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
We are looking for a Web Engineer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. As the #1 Telemedicine provider in the world, your designs will be seen and used by millions of people each year.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Direct technical aspect of operations related to escalated client accounts or high severity issues as they affect or confront a project or team
- Attend to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions to project/team or company related issues
- Actively work to improve the company’s technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business while establishing and maintaining positive and effective working relationships
- Participate in the evolution of company-level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development
- Provide leadership/mentorship as it relates to emerging technologies and readying Teladoc and engineers for productively integrating the same into business
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Mentor and coach more junior team members
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of ES6, React, Redux and Webpack
- Good understanding of Asynchronous Request Handling, Responsive Design Techniques
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of unit testing and integration testing
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Working knowledge of Ruby on Rails framework is required
- Stays well-informed of emerging technologies and software trends
- Capable of debugging problems related to HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS, SSL, S3, etc.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- We want 3+ years of experience and prefer consumer interface experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) required; Master's degree in information technology or computer sciences preferred, or equivalent provable experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of related work experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process preferred
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, React, Git, SQL, WCAG 2.0 and APIs
- Knowledge of modern technologies like Docker, GitHub, Continuous Integration, etc. preferred
- Active social media or conference presence for the Open Source community is a big plus
$100K-$140K base salary is based on full time employment in Colorado only. Actual pay may vary based job-related skills, qualifications, certifications, and experience. This role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus or commission payment, in addition to equity incentives and a comprehensive benefits package.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.