Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
Teladoc is looking for an exceptional Mobile Application Engineer. We’re looking for that always-learning, self-motivated engineer who has hands-on experience in the consumer or medical spaces. If you are interested in cross-platform experience that is a bonus or if you would rather be an expert in one then great!
You will be working on a premier Android and iOS application which aims to help people impacted by conditions such as depression, anxiety, trauma, and more. Our app is built using native language in Swift, Kotlin, Java.
- Work alongside the design and product team to create a world class healthcare experience
- Technical anchor for our mobile product offerings across both platforms
- Native and hybrid application development, maintenance and release
- Practice agile development cycles and collaborative coding methodologies
- Technical mentorship of junior developers and cross functional supporting roles
- Technical guidance around project delivery and resource planning
- Helping your teammates succeed through peer reviews, documentation and mentoring
- 6+ Years of native Android and/or iOS development experience (Java, Kotlin and/or Objective-C, Swift)
- Experience with Xamarin Native is nice to have, though not required
- Deep understanding of concurrent programming architecture and best practices, and MVVM in particular
- 4+ years of native UI development experience, especially with respect to device and OS compatibility
- A strong foundation in OOP principles and design patterns
- Extensive experience building complex mobile applications that span across multiple core native stacks such as gRPC, encryption, data streams, multimedia
- Strong experience with providing technical mentorship and architectural guidance
- Strong advocate for agile software development principles and test driven development methodologies
- Experience with CICD tools and systems, beta distribution platforms and app store release cycle and processes
Impress us even more:
- Extensive experience with WCAG and accessibility
- Experience with creating mobile CI/CD pipelines
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.