Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
At Teladoc Health, data is at the heart of our culture of innovation. In your role as a Data Science Manager for Engagement & Retention, you’ll manage a team working closely with marketing to drive telehealth member visits and engage with chronic and primary care solutions. Your team will create scalable analytics and develop predictive models that optimize our marketing and engagement performance and directly drive our business forward across multiple products and services.
This role will leverage your technical skills and business acumen as you deliver insights that inform Teladoc’s most important business decisions. You will collaborate closely with partners and leaders to support strategic cross-functional initiatives that help us keep costs in check, maximize revenue and impact a greater number of people living with chronic and behavioral conditions.
This role offers a chance to have a meaningful impact on our business outcomes. Come help us break new ground, while measurably improving lives and saving millions in healthcare costs.
- Partner closely with Marketing, Product, Engineering and Content teams to shape engagement and retention efforts using effective data science techniques.
- Manage and grow a team of data scientists in delivering algorithmic solutions, analysis, and dashboards to help our marketing and business teams to scope, conceptualize, launch, and measure various engagement initiatives and experiments.
- Support your team and lead from the front in story telling based on actionable insights (not just data) to marketing and business stakeholders to inform business decisions.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring for modeling, experimentation, causal inference, personalization.
- Co-ordinate with and support partners and stakeholders to setup and drive processes to scale effectively.
- 5+ years’ experience in Data Science, Marketing, Personalization, or a related field in consumer companies, with demonstrated track record of delivering value using data and analysis
- 2+ years’ experience managing data science teams with exposure to marketing, product analytics, experimentation, and personalization. Preferred candidates would have 3+ years’ experience managing data science teams of more than three people
- Strong understanding of statistical, experimentation, and machine learning concepts Preferred candidates would have experience in recommender systems, causal inference, and personalization
- Strong critical thinking, active listening, and ability to translate business needs into data science initiatives
- Strong verbal and written communication, compelling storytelling through analytics and visualization, ability to convey complex views in a simple and succinct manner
- Strong knowledge of data handling (SQL, PySpark), scientific computing languages (R, Python), and practical experience with visualization tools (Tableau)
- A Master’s degree or higher in computer science, statistics, information systems, engineering, or a related field
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.