Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
Bring your analytics mastery and skills to the cutting-edge digital healthcare arena. In this job you will partner with our ground-breaking Data Science group to answer pressing questions in healthcare more quickly (and dare we say better?) than ever before. You will be a leader at the intersection of multiple fascinating disciplines, learning and innovating every day for key strategic accounts.
In your role as a Sr. Clinical Data Scientist, Value Based Care, you will play a leading role in developing cost and utilization performance reporting, understanding quality outcomes, and helping drive successful outcomes for our members across the spectrum of care. You’ll leverage your skills in program evaluation, healthcare economics, and population health analytics to help deliver insights that facilitate insightful and timely decision making. You’ll help us understand which members are at highest risk of poor clinical and cost outcomes while there is still time to change these outcomes. In this way you’ll enable Teladoc Health to optimize our internal resource allocation and focus on the highest impact changes that support our members and our business.
For ultimate success in this role you’ll demonstrate comfort in both the healthcare and data science realms as you collaborate with our internal teams and external clients. We’re looking for a content expert in cost and utilization analytics, who can also serve as a strategic and thoughtful partner to internal and external customers. We’re looking for someone who can listen to different perspectives and frameworks and turn varying inputs into actionable analytics. Your core competencies include creative problem solving, project management, curiosity, and the drive to learn new methods, as well as the ability to execute.
Ready to apply traditional cost and utilization analytics to improve health outcomes for our members, and reduce medical expenses for our clients, partners, and the healthcare R&D community? We want to hear from you today!
- Serve as consulting analyst and subject matter expert to our key strategic clients
- Analyze commercial and Medicare healthcare claims, pharmacy claims, proprietary Teladoc Health data, and other types of data to understand which programs work for which clients – and why
- Identify members who are at risk for poor health outcomes or increased medical spending to drive improvement actions
- Conduct comprehensive quality checks on incoming data to ensure reasonability and accurate results
- Efficiently and accurately conduct program evaluations using propensity score matching and/or regression techniques to adjust for potential confounding factors
- Develop metrics and set targets and thresholds using benchmark data
- Develop early warning insights and analytics from end-to-end, including advising on required data sources, developing metrics, benchmarks, and reporting
- Engage with stakeholders to identify key analytic questions or develop hypothesis related to outcomes drivers
- Clearly and succinctly communicate key insights to stakeholders with varied backgrounds in a refined and professional way
- Help Teladoc Health shape and target our product development through a better statistical understanding of our members, including segmentation
- Tenacious curiosity to understand and share the story behind data to improve people’s lives
- Data domain expertise in cost and utilization analytics metrics, methods, and frameworks via medical and pharmacy claims data, as well as other data sources
- In-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry, including managed care organizations, pharmaceutical benefit management organizations, government systems, hospital systems and integrated care systems
- Strong data analysis skills, including using R, SQL, Python and/or other statistical software packages
- A consultant’s skill for designing insights
- Excellent process, project management and problem-solving skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects, exercising smart triage and good business judgment
- Strong respect for confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The people skills to maintain productive goal-achieving relationships with colleagues and external collaborators (even if numbers are your first love)
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Health Services Research, Epidemiology, Business Analytics, Data Science, or similar
- 8+ years’ experience as a healthcare analyst or data scientist, with strong quantitative and report development capabilities with bachelor’s degree, or 6+ years with master’s degree in a relevant field
Impress us even more:
- Analytics experience with Medicare data, including HEDIS, Star Ratings, or Risk Adjustment
- Actuarial experience or education
- Technical interest and experience with data visualization
- Advanced degree or credential in Actuarial Sciences, Health Services Research, Epidmiology, Business Analytics, or Data Science
$110,000 - $130,000 base salary is based on full time employment in Colorado only. Actual pay may vary based job-related skills, qualifications, certifications, and experience. This role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus or commission payment, in addition to equity incentives and a comprehensive benefits package.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.