Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
We are looking for a talented Associate Director of Engineering to be located in Phoenix, AZ, who is motivated to solve complicated issues in sophisticated software systems. You will build innovative products with our collaborative, cross-functional teams and ensure adherence to code quality standards. As the #1 Telemedicine provider in the world, your work will be seen and used by millions of people each year.
- Provide oversight, mentoring, and guidance to front-end and back-end development teams
- Review code quality and coach the development team in best practices
- Foster collaboration between local and abroad development teams to drive consistency across all departments
- Review and analyze software operations to identify areas of potential modifications and improvements
- Advocate, evangelize and implement modern software engineering & agile best practices
- Design, implement, test and ship features that can scale to millions of users
- Build features with a major focus on performance, scalability and future expansion
- Write unit and functional automation to validate code quality
- Evaluate new system integration points to define the data elements and format that is required by each system and/or data source
- Identify opportunities for improvement in system interfaces
- Ensure security and compliance of APIs and assist with discovery efforts
- Work closely with business steak-holders to translate business requirements into epics / stories / sub-tasks for the development team
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Hands-on application development and optimization
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems
- You have great technical savvy and intuition and coach your team to make good technical decisions while “not allowing perfect to get in the way of good”
- You have exemplary and effective mentoring skills
- You can prepare and present development strategies and initiatives to executive stakeholders and colleagues alike
- You have experience with cutting-edge cloud technologies
- You have hands-on Sr. level experience developing React, NodeJS, MongoDB applications
- You have a strong hands-on understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Your possible familiarity with React Native, C#, PostgreSQL is a strong plus
- You can consume and utilize new languages, design patterns, APIs and toolsets
- You can work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- You have full working understanding of Agile methodologies - Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.
- HIPAA/HITRUST/Sarbannes-Oxley experience a plus
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field strongly preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience required
- At least 2 years in a leadership position required
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process required
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.