Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
Member of the Information Technology Systems Engineering team, the Systems Engineer shares responsibility for the day-to-day support and development of the Teladoc Global Infrastructure environment.
- Perform daily systems administration tasks supporting multi-site-forest Active Directory, DNS, Windows based servers, Windows file/print and DFS services, Office365, IIS, VMware ESXi-6.x – 7.x, vCenter, and AWS environments
- Maintain server hardware in general
- Assist with security vulnerability remediation tasks
- Install software releases, operating system upgrades and troubleshoot related issues
- Experience working with vendor tech support when required
- Experience work in a Data Center environment and local IDF closets
- Participates in application development release management cycles when needed
- Maintain critical systems monitoring alerts
- Performs periodic health checks of premise equipment and environment
- Contributes to, maintains, and adheres to system standards and industry best practices
- Performs IT procedures and maintains documentation that covers functional areas including production control, job scheduling, and security administration
- Handles and maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility of sensitive information
- Serve as point of escalation for Global Service Desk team members for application support and troubleshooting
- Provide support to global remote offices and involvement in projects as needed
- Assist in the implementation of technical initiatives in a team environment
- Experience working in a 24X7 global environment
- Must be self-starter, team oriented, and be able to handle critical production situations
- Applicable technology-based certifications are preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred and/or a minimum 2+ years of experience in Information Systems supporting a multi-site enterprise
- Minimum of 2+ years of hands-on experience as a Windows Systems Administrator
- Proven experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012-2019
- Proven experience with Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Demonstrated experience with DNS, DFS, Active Directory and other common domain services
- Demonstrated experience with VMware 6.x -7.x Infrastructure administration and operation
- Experience working with storage (SAN, NAS, local storage, etc)
- Experience with creating and maintaining current documentation
- General knowledge and familiarity with computer hardware including PCs, servers, and printers
- Knowledge and proven experience maintaining a Data Center environment
- PowerShell scripting experience
- Occasional travel may be required
- Excellent customer service skills and must be a team player
- Candidate must speak English in addition to any other languages
- Ability to multitask, be self-sufficient, and handle production situations
- Possesses many areas of expertise and is willing to learn new technologies
- Commitment to deadlines, criticality, and willingness to meet the needs of 24x7 environment
- Experience in environments containing sensitive data PHI (Personal Health Information)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Creative, and can think outside of the box, and ask for help when required
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be detail oriented and a self-starter
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Demonstrated a willingness to learn and develop career initiatives
Impress us even more:
- Linux Systems Administration
- Quest KACE Systems Management Appliance (KACE SMA)
- Server Infrastructure Automation (Ansible, Terraform, etc)
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.