Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
Under the general direction of the VP Controller, the Staff Accountant will perform accounting work involving financial accounting and reporting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prepare and post journal entries required to reflect the financial transactions of the Company
- Prepare and file necessary supporting documentation for journal entries
- Prepare account reconciliations for assigned accounts, including required documentation and support to comply with internal controls
- Assist in producing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial consolidated reports in accordance with GAAP
- Manage and review subledger accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, and resolving discrepancies
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, internal controls, policies, and principles
- Coordinate with Accounting team and IT as needed to resolve issues with ERP system
- Cross train for other areas to perform backup functions for accounting staff
- Perform accounting and financial projects as assigned
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Comfortable working in environments with high degree of change
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- ERP user skills (Microsoft GP preferred)
- Adequate working knowledge of GAAP
- Understanding of SOX control requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Experience with medium to large ERP system
- Minimum 1 year experience in SOX control environment
- Ability to travel to the Goleta, CA Office as needed
- Vaccination required
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.