Systems Engineer, Security
Member of the Information Technology Systems Operations team, the Systems Engineer shares responsibility for the day-to-day support and development of the Teladoc Global Infrastructure environment with a focus on Security and Linux Support.
• Information Security and/or Networking based certifications are preferred.
• Experience managing Linux based systems required.
• Assist with Linux patch management and security vulnerability remediation.
• Operational experience with Quest KACE or other security patching platforms.
• Install software releases, operating system upgrades and troubleshoot software related issues.
• Participates in security audits related evidence collection-submittal.
• Maintain and respond to critical systems monitoring alerts as needed.
• Experience with Nexpose, Qualys, and or other security scanning systems.
• Contributes to, maintains, and adheres to system standards and industry Best Practices.
• Performs IT procedures and maintains documentation that covers functional areas including production control, job scheduling, and security administration.
• Handles and maintain the confidentiality, integrity and accessibility of sensitive information.
• Serve as point of escalation for Global Service Desk team members for application support and troubleshooting if required.
• Provide support to global remote offices and involvement in projects as needed.
• Assist in the implementation of technical initiatives in a team environment.
• Experience working in a 24X7 global environment. This position requires someone who can put the required time in “when required” including after-hours and or weekends.
• Must be self-starter, team oriented, and be able to handle critical production situations.
Educational & Work Experience Requirements:
• Minimum 2+ years of experience in Information Systems and Security.
• Minimum of 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Linux Systems Administrator.
• Experience with VMware 6.x -7.x infrastructure administration or fundamentals.
• Experience creating and maintaining documentation; Confluence, Visio, Lucid, Jira. Position Description
• Experience with security patching operating systems and software for Windows and Linux.
• Knowledge and proven experience maintaining a data center environments a plus.
• PowerShell, BASH, or other scripting platforms experience.
• Can work well independently and in a team environment.
Competency & Skill Requirements and Preferences:
• Excellent customer service skills and must be a team player.
• Candidate must speak English, in addition any other languages.
• Ability to multitask, be self-sufficient, and handle production situations.
• Possesses many areas of expertise and is willing to learn new technologies.
• Commitment to deadlines, criticality, and willingness to meet the needs of 24x7 environment.
• Experience in environments containing sensitive data PHI (Personal Health Information).
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Creative, and can think outside of the box, and ask for help when required.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be detail oriented and a self-starter.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Demonstrated a willingness to learn and develop career initiatives.