Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
Teladoc Health is looking for an Instructional Designer with demonstrated knowledge of instructional design, adult learning, and current and emerging instructional design strategies for performance-based outcomes.
This role will be involved in designing instructional content for online and hybrid implementation, creating interactive media content, and building content modules in various learning systems and platforms using a variety of software applications in support of the Operations Enablement department.
- Create engaging learning activities and course content that enhances retention and application of new knowledge that is understandable, measurable and teachable
- Work with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs and set instructional objectives
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and make recommendations for improvements
- Analyze data and program metrics using appropriate tools and create reporting for key stakeholders
- Support weekly, monthly and quarterly Learning Management System (LMS) reporting
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface, and the finished project
- Apply trends and best practices in learning technology and instructional design
- Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure course effectiveness
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, etc.)
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Be able to deliver content via on-demand, online, and in-person formats
- Participate in special projects as needed
- In depth knowledge of learning theories, instructional design models, and lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models (ADDIE, Kirkpatrick’s Levels of Training Evaluation)
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Solid knowledge of LMS systems
- Deep knowledge of the Articulate 360 suite, including Storyline, Quizmaker and Engage
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, and audio and video scripts
- Able to collaborate effectively with colleagues in person as well as remotely and across time zones
- Able to successfully juggle simultaneous projects
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in instructional design, educational technology, distance learning or related field
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.