Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
Teladoc is looking for a Director, User Research to lead and scale Teladoc’s user research practice. You’ll become part of design leadership, working closely with colleagues to continue shaping the culture of design, research, and product development at Teladoc.
You have experience leading teams and a proven track record in delivering impactful research across the product development lifecycle. In this role, you’ll inspire and lead a rapidly growing team of user researchers who drive strategic business, design, and product impact at scale. You’ll build strong relationships within design and across product management, data science, and marketing to communicate and operationalize human-centered strategies and insights.
- Lead the user research practice, including strategy, processes, and best practices
- Hire, manage, and develop an exceptional team of UX Researchers
- Lead initiatives that bring the voice of the user into strategic business and product decisions
- Foster human-centered design thinking and how to use user research to deliver business results
- Set goals, prioritize projects, and manage resourcing
- Collaborate with Data Science and Marketing to leverage insights across the company
- Work with Product Management, Design, Clinical, and Marketing teams to identify important research questions, uncover opportunities, and communicate insights
- Influence strategy and align the organization through clearly communicated insights that drive user empathy and understanding
- Manage research spending, platforms, tools, and vendors
- Create and maintain a library of insights and reports
- Define and lead research initiatives through a multi-year roadmap, balancing short and long-term investments across Teladoc’s products and services
- Own the end-to-end research process of the team, ensuring ethical practices and on-time, detailed, and polished deliverables
- 10+ years work experience in user research and prior experience managing teams
- Deep knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Strategic and operational expertise in research and development for consumer products
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Master’s degree preferred
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.