Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
We are actively searching for a candidate who is a subject matter expert with hands-on experience supporting all distributions of MySQL databases, including, but not limited to Oracle MySQL, Percona XTraDB Cluster, MariaDB, Amazon RDS and Aurora. This role will be primarily focused on day-to-day production database administration for these databases.
- Implement backup and recovery processes, provide system and SQL performance tuning and assist in business process integration with various data sources
- Fulfills user requests ranging from access control, backup, restore, refresh to non-production to performance tuning
- Provides online & on call coverage for production support and administration of MySQL and support our production and redundant environments
- Manage internal customers through tickets and following through to completion
- Thoroughly document and improve operational practices and procedures
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in all environments
- Participate in other projects and duties as assigned as well as on call rotation
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in MySQL administration and RDS/Aurora administration
- A strong background in automation and scripting (bash, PERL, python) to develop DBA applications for system automation and integration
- Experience in complex data tier architecture, including replication, clustering, and system interaction with the DBMS
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem using products such as EC2, RDS, Aurora, S3
- Familiarity with continuous integration, testing and deployment
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle. Experience with version management and ticketing systems such as Git and Jira
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, and visualization with tools like New Relic, Nagios, Graphite, MonYog, etc.
- Able and willing to work in a team environment and adopt a culture of ownership and initiative, and promote such within the team
- Able and willing to work independently and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as excellent communication skills, verbal and written to both technical and non-technical audiences that are in a geographically dispersed environment
- BS in Computer Science or related field required. Equivalent work experience may be substituted. Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of work experience
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.