Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
We are seeking a full stack software engineer to join our Solo + Teams team!
You will play a key part in developing the components of a scalable platform that will enable the ability of practice providers to deliver care to their patients virtually. You are dependable, efficient and routinely deliver the right things having deeply understood the problem at hand. You write simple and readable code and are always looking to improve your own practices.
We are a small, collaborative group of engineers that believe in our work and strive for incremental delivery to end-users. We practice our own flavor of scrum and expect all team members to share our dedication to continuous improvement. We leverage the latest frontend technologies and stay atop industry best practices. We invest in our people with continuous learning and we never forget to celebrate and have fun. Last, we're a geographically distributed team with members in Santa Barbara, California and Bend, Oregon, Argentina, and Belarus - this position would be located in Santa Barbara, California. Come grow with us!
- Developing features with React/Redux and Symfony for a browser-based SPA
- Creating reusable components for our in-house React component library
- Writing unit tests for your work with sufficient code coverage (>= 80%)
- Fixing bugs and helping to reduce tech debt
- Regularly conducting code reviews on open pull requests
- Communicating with other team members over Slack and Teams
- Participating in agile methodologies and scrum with daily standups, weekly grooming, and bi-weekly retrospectives
- Symfony (PHP) or experience with similar frameworks
- React with Redux
- CSS3 using Less, Styled Components, and Emotion
- Webpack and Gulp
- General web development principles and best practices. You know how a browser works and in what order things are parsed and executed
- At least two years of experience developing React/Redux SPA backed by a JSON API
- You can take a design and turn it into semantic HTML and pixel-perfect, responsive CSS
- Unit testing of React Components
- Unit and end-to-end testing
- Ability to provide insight into our current processes, architecture and UI/UX
- Experience with Symfony or similar framework
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.