The personalization effort is a part of the Data Science team at Teladoc Health that works closely with product managers, engineering, and operations to build, ship, and maintain machine learning models and pipelines to provide members an experience that is engaging and improves clinical outcomes.
This is an opportunity to use technical rigor to apply machine learning to real-world business problems; and engineer, deploy, measure and iterate ML in production, for every Teladoc Health member.
- Build production-ready machine learning models to identify and personalize recommendations that improve member engagement and lead to clinical outcomes.
- Formulate and solve machine learning problems using diverse data using Deep Reinforcement Learning, Learning to Rank, Matrix Factorization, NLP, Contextual Bandits, etc.
- Formulate hypothesis, design, analyze, and run offline (policy evaluation) and online experiments to measure, iterate, and improve performance of algorithms, product features, and member communications.
- Interpret the results of your work for clinical, product, and business decision-makers.
- Collaborate closely with product management and engineering teams to discover and distill requirements into problem definitions, product features, and architecture.
- Self-driven person, with a proven track record using machine learning to solve challenging business, technical, and data engineering problems.
- Expertise in machine learning theory, as well as practical tricks for working with and delivering machine learning models including reinforcement learning, recommender systems, deep learning, collaborative filtering, NLP, predictive modeling, causal modeling, contextual bandits.
- Excellent data analysis skills and bias to deliver, measure, and iterate using experimentation and statistical analysis.
- Depth of experience in Python, PyTorch, Tensorflow, and at least one of the following: Spark, SQL, and/or Hadoop.
- Experience developing, prototyping, and deploying machine learning and personalization models.
- Familiarity with the entire ML algorithm lifecycle (modeling approach ideation, data exploration, training, evaluation, tuning).
- Willingness to learn new platforms and tools, as well as propose and help the team adopt new tools.
- Great active listening skills to infer product needs and underlying context.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with peers, and respect for member privacy
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.