Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
This is your chance to drive state and federal government sales efforts at a healthcare category leader that Forbes has marked for billion-dollar success.
As part of Teladoc’s double-digit growth, we’re starting to work with some of the largest government agencies in the country. We’ve just cracked the surface in this market and are looking for exceptional leadership to capitalize on the wealth of sales opportunities in this segment. Here at Teladoc you can take advantage of our significant penetration and momentum in the U.S. market, while experiencing the rush of a fast-paced, leading-edge startup. Jump on board the rocket ship and pilot us through government space!
In your role as VP of Federal Sales you’ll uncover, develop and close opportunities within government entities that deal with comprehensive health solutions and employee healthcare plans. Through your efforts, you’ll guide government agencies toward reduced costs and improved outcomes for patients with chronic conditions such as diabetes, pre-diabetes, and hypertension. Ideally, you’ll be based in Washington DC; we will consider virtual candidates with access to a major airport.
If you’re a seasoned sales, account management, or strategic partnership professional with vision and passion for the healthcare industry, you can’t afford to overlook this unique opportunity – an exciting, gratifying position offering amazing growth and income potential.
- Create a sales strategy/business plan for the state and federal government segments, aligning your strategy to support Teladoc’s overarching corporate goals
- Research target opportunities, generate account leads, and build a robust pipeline
- Build strong customer and partner relationships with government decision-makers and influencers in the healthcare benefits space
- Develop creative and customized action plans and long-term objectives for each agency, devising compelling customer value propositions
- Maximize revenue and margin goals, while staying within the allocated budget
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs, priorities, and pain points
- Provide accurate sales forecasts
- Assure customer satisfaction and manage timely issue resolution
- Build and maintain a deep and comprehensive familiarity with the Teladoc offerings and future product pipelines
- Increase awareness of Teladoc’s evolving strategies for expanding into new health arenas and technologies
- Demonstrate broad familiarity with the market space: market trends, industry challenges, major players/key agencies, relevant products and technologies
- 8+ years’ experience selling and building business in the government space (i.e. partnering with the DoD, VA etc)
- Experience selling healthcare technology solutions and developing strategic partnerships within government entities
- Relationship and rapport-building skills at all levels within an organization
- Skilled delivery of engaging, compelling presentations, in both small and large group settings
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated comfort and finesse communicating with senior leadership teams
- A results-oriented approach and take-charge attitude
- Energy and passion for teamwork and collaboration
- Strong prioritization, time management and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm and high productivity in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment
- Comfort with business travel
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Engineering, or a related discipline
Impress us even more:
- A proven track record of success working with government entities that deal with employee health benefits
- Experience successfully working with and introducing new medical technology
- Start-up experience
- An MBA
- U.S. military veteran status
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.