Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
If you’re passionate about technical innovation and making a difference in a meaningful field, don’t overlook this career opportunity. As our new Software Engineer, you’ll have the satisfaction of seeing tangible results of your ingenuity as you develop features, experiences and integrations that delight the user. Your contributions will significantly impact Teladoc Health’s brand as a trailblazer in healthcare technology.
You should have experience in backend development, as well as a willingness to write unit tests, be a collaborative team member, and support our testing automation efforts. Daily you’ll be working on our Chronic Conditions development team; designing and documenting new features, modeling database schema, building APIs or microservices, and enhancing our development and delivery process through new tools. You’ll also be able to harness state of the art technologies such as Scala, Play, gRPC, Protobuf, Kubernetes, AWS, Kafka, Microservices, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Flyway, OAuth, SAML, and Spark.
In addition to strong technical know-how, core competencies that will help ensure your success in this role include innovative analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work nimbly across multiple projects, with fast-paced development cycles.
Accelerate your career with an industry leader experiencing astronomical growth and innovation in the field of high-tech healthcare solutions. Teladoc Health’s talented and diverse tech team is making a positive impact on the lives of millions of people suffering from chronic health conditions. We’d like you to be a part of it.
- Build APIs for web, mobile, and Salesforce consumption
- Partner with product managers, designers, mobile and web front end engineers, data scientists, clinical experts, and technical operations to support the full product lifecycle
- Model database schemas
- Build easy-to-use, scalable microservices
- Enhance our development and delivery process through new tools
- Work with QA to enhance product quality through automation
- Analyze and fix bugs and other issues
- Work in a dynamic cross-functional agile team
- 5+ years’ experience in software engineering in a functional and/or object-oriented language (Scala, Java, or Python)
- Experience implementing APIs whether in RESTful or gRPC microservices style
- Proficiency in writing unit tests and working knowledge of continuous integration environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of relational (mySQL) databases including schema design, querying, etc. Experience with ETL and AWS Redshift a plus.
- Experience working in a CI/CD (Jenkins) environment, supporting high quality releases with unit/system tests and code reviews.
- Experience with distributed source control and collaboration tools (GitHub, Jira, Confluence, etc)
- Proven experience with multiple product iterations and releases
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- A passion for giving and receiving feedback in a team environment
- A willingness and ability to learn new technologies
Impress us even more:
- Experience with event-driven programming utilizing Kafka, SQS, or JMS
- Experience with container technologies, such as Kubernetes, Docker, & Helm
- Experience with a message-broker technology, such as RabbitMQ
$125,000 base salary is based on full time employment in Colorado only. Actual pay may vary based job-related skills, qualifications, certifications, and experience. This role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus or commission payment, in addition to equity incentives and a comprehensive benefits package.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.