Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
Teladoc Health is seeking a people- and product-oriented physician with clinical and digital health experience to support our growing product development efforts. In the role of Senior Director, Clinical Products Strategy, you will apply your medical expertise to develop clinical strategies and provide clinical support to product, design, and engineering teams on launching and maintaining clinical products. Serving as trusted subject matter expert and advisor, you and your team of physicians will also help shape Teladoc product strategy, keeping our product line clinically and scientifically accurate and effective. You will also serve as a clinical point for clinical and value analytics, marketing, partnerships, sales, and clinical operations. Your advice, direction, and recommendations will assure our products make medical sense for our members.
This meaningful, exciting work is based in Mountain View, CA with an option to work remotely with some periodic travel including to the office. Here you can thrive in an environment of collaborative innovation, as we move the industry forward toward a more all-encompassing, personal approach to supporting people to live better, healthier lives.
- Act as a clinical leader in a highly collaborative environment to support Teladoc’s clinical credibility, through outstanding product development
- Work collaboratively with the product team and provide clinical oversight to create a coherent, scientifically-sound member/patient experience
- Provide clinical expertise in partnership and sales opportunities
- Create and direct innovative, thoughtful, and cost-effective clinical strategies through gathering and generation of relevant data to formulate actionable recommendations and requirements for successful execution
- Review clinical landscape and determine clinical opportunities for product growth within the context of the company’s strengths and priorities
- An advanced medical degree (MD/DO) from the United States
- Board certification preferred; some residency experience required in Internal or Family Medicine
- 5-8 years of digital health experience or management consulting, preferably working collaboratively with product teams or as a product manager
- Deep knowledge of the US healthcare system, the payer landscape, and digital health industry trends
- Strategic thinking with ability to instill confidence among internal teams
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, with a genuine passion for personal interaction and professional collaboration
- Ability to thoroughly and compellingly communicate important clinical details to diverse non-clinician audiences and listen to and address their feedback and priorities
- Strong prioritization, time management, and organizational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, corporate, product-oriented environment, with the ability to smoothly recognize changing priorities (often due to factors and stakeholders outside of your range of visibility or control), and shift on the fly
- Propensity for curiosity, forward-thinking vision and ability to see beyond traditional models of care
- Genuine enthusiasm for learning, teamwork, and collaboration
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.