As a Senior Software Engineer on the clinical team, you are responsible for architecting, designing and developing custom solutions to provide scalable, reliable and secure solutions adhering to software development lifecycle. Perform peer code reviews, coordinate production releases with product owner and stakeholders within the organization. Provide timely updates to direct manager regarding team's progress. You are also expected to be a standard bearer on our team’s development, maintenance, design patterns, and culture. This may include forming development standards, creating internal presentations on best practices, tutorials and pair programming with developers getting comfortable with the language.
- Build APIs and web applications in Ruby on Rails and React, that handle complex data models efficiently, while having great architectural design to manage complexity
- Establish technical decisions and direction for one or many projects/teams
- Appropriately manage team demands and delegate technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate
- Direct technical aspect of operations related to escalated client accounts or high severity issues as they affect or confront a project or team
- Attend to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions to project/team or company related issues
- Actively work to improve the company’s technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business while establishing and maintaining positive and effective working relationships
- Participate in the evolution of company-level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development
- Provide leadership/mentorship as it relates to emerging technologies and preparing Teladoc and engineers for productively integrating the same into business
- Experience with Test-Driven Development and writing unit and integration tests
- Experience using Behavior-Driven Development suite like Cucumber
- Competent and willing to write software using Ruby. Elixir, Java, and Python are a plus.
- Competent writing software with MVC frameworks. Ruby on Rails preferred
- Competent writing software with React
- Comfortable working in a cloud environment like AWS
- Must have experience basic Linux/Unix CLI and using Git and GitHub for source code control
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems like Jenkins
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Exhibits enthusiasm and well-rounded knowledge of backend systems and software architecture
- Applies best practices including design patterns and linting to all software development
- Approaches engineering requests from a user's vantage point to form architectural and technical requirements
- Stays well-informed of emerging technologies and software trends
- Capable of debugging problems related to HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS, SSL, S3, etc.
- Able to investigate performance and memory issues
- Able to reduce complex requirements and user interaction flows into long-term API designs
- Good understanding of architectural messaging patterns and pitfalls using Kafka, Rabbit MQ, etc.
- Endeavors to establish positive and fiscally-responsible relationships, both interdepartmentally and cross-functionally
- Effective written and verbal communicator
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) required; Master's degree in information technology or computer sciences preferred, or equivalent provable experience
- Minimum of 7+ years of related work experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process preferred
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, React, Git, SQL, and APIs
- Knowledge of modern technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Elixir, GitHub, Continuous Integration, etc. preferred
- Active social media or conference presence for the Open Source community is a big plus
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.