Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
Our company is a fast-paced, growing, and exciting health technology company focused on innovative approaches for improving the healthcare system. The Analytics team is responsible for providing powerful insights to internal and external customers. These insights are derived from a multitude of different data sources, including but not limited to Medical and Pharmaceutical Claims, Patient Management Systems, Disability Claims, and Operational data. We have an outstanding opportunity for candidates with a strong interest in developing world class healthcare analytics and leading-edge business intelligence expertise. Analysts will use tools like SQL to pull, transform and display data to create business and client insights. Candidates will need strong organizational and communication skills to coordinate between multiple stakeholders across internal and external teams to deliver results. The position will provide candidates with the opportunity to work on and lead several different projects to help the team continue to develop innovative new ways to turn data into actionable analytics.
The Senior Healthcare Analyst role will partner with internal and external customers in determining data and information needs, and in defining how information will be applied to support them in making key business decisions. This role will be integral to forming relationships with internal and external clients based on information and will provide and identify critical levels of insight to drive product improvement and to increase sales and client retention. This position will lead projects studying patterns and trends across the industry and within our business to help shape the direction of analytics, products and strategy.
- Partnering with internal and external customers to manage end-to-end analytic project
- Creating/updating SQL scripts to pull, transform, and combine our clients’ data sources and to create optimized data resources to drive analytic applications
- Provide powerful insight to our customers including requirements gathering, maintenance, etc.
- Complete statistical analyses to enhance predictive analytic capabilities around risk, cost, and engagement, etc.
- Research outliers and identify root causes of issues identified in reports; requiring understanding of overall business value, objectives, products and client-specific issues
- Ensure consistency of approach related to analysis techniques, key findings, and the developments of client recommendations/opportunities
- Effectively communicate workload prioritization and progress to all interested parties
- Contribute to a learning culture within the team
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive experience in best practices in health care analytics and statistics and manipulation of health-related data, including medical and pharmacy claims data
- Expert in SQL
- Strong data visualization and dashboarding skills
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including ability to interpret and explain data for a variety of audiences and ability to “think on your feet”
- Proficient project management experience coordinating with internal and external clients to gather requirements and deliver analytic results
- Extensive experience in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Extensive skill in report development, documentation, testing and deployment
- Experience with Qlikview, Tableau or other BI tools preferable
- Experience with research and regression analysis preferrable
- Ability to work independently or in a collaborative team environment in an organized manner
- Strong work ethic and Integrity and strong attention to detail
- Provide an innovative and creative perspective
- Ability to solve problems and drive issues or projects to conclusion
- Strong proactive disposition, does not wait for things to happen but makes them happen
- Self-assured and results oriented
- Customer oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or Health Care Analytics or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience working in the healthcare/health insurance/health benefits sector
- 2+ years’ experience in development and interpretation of health reports, health care analytics, or health care statistical analysis
- Direct customer interaction and presentation experience a plus
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.