Teladoc Health is on a mission to change how healthcare is delivered to people with chronic conditions around the world, starting with diabetes in the US.
We’ve created a secure cloud service capable of collecting and processing data from mobile apps, web portals, and our cellular-connected blood glucose meters.
Teladoc Health is seeking an experienced engineer to help us build, maintain, grow, and secure that service. This role would be responsible for designing and implementing major components of our infrastructure, and eventually lead future teammates as our service needs grow.
- Own the overall health, performance, and capacity of Teladoc Health Internet-facing services
- Manage applications running on AWS cloud environment
- Develop tools to enhance our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications
- Design new systems, leveraging best practices and security
- Monitor and manage database reliability, availability, and performance
- Support and troubleshoot Linux and underlying applications and networking stacks
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- In-depth knowledge and experience managing applications on Amazon Web Services, including VPC, EC2, RDS, CloudFront, CloudWatch, ALB etc.
- Programming skills (Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, Puppet, Ansible etc.)
- Experience with Sensu, Grafana, Prometheus, and other monitoring and metrics software
- Extensive knowledge and experience supporting and troubleshooting Linux and underlying networking application and stacks
- A knack for leadership and ownership
- Problem-solving skills and a take-charge approach, along with strong teamwork and collaborative skills
- Experience with code management and deployment processes (CI/CD), procedures, and tools
- Flexibility in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts
- Experience managing and tuning MySQL
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- A strong grasp of configuration management and automation tools (Ansible, puppet,etc)
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (Eg: Docker, Kubernetes etc)
Impress us even more:
- Experience with very large databases and distributed database environments
- Knowledge and expertise in networking technologies, virtual routers such as Cisco CSR, and Cloud Security
- Experience with Terraform, Vault and Sensu
- Experience with Postgres/RedShift administration and NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB
- Experience with Security tools like AlienVault, Alert Logic, Sophos
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience
and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.