Simply stated, Teladoc Health exists to empower people with chronic conditions to live better and healthier lives. Teladoc Health is seeking an engineer with an emphasis on data processing, transformation, fidelity and scalability. The applicant should have a strong interest in the interface between real-time and reporting systems, pulling data from multiple sources into central data storage, and collaborating with internal Livongo teams to help provide for their data needs.
What makes a Senior Data Engineer at Teladoc Health different?
- It is engineering! Members are why we come to work every day and our engineers design and developing the product, product features, and tools for members to have a best in class health consumer experience throughout their journey with Livongo
- Strong communication skills especially around collaboration with internal Livongo teams
- After our Members, data is pretty significant at Livongo and our engineers design and develop data pipelines to manage how data flows between our disparate systems
- Develop real time member registration with our CRM, integrating data systems across businesses like MyStrength, Retrofit, Livongo, etc.
- Work with Scala, Python, Tensorflow, Keras, SKL (or Scala/DL4J) to build production-grade machine learning (ML) pipelines and tools
- Create tools and data sets to assist data science
- Perform continuous integration to ensure that every step of an ML pipeline is testable and automated
- Assist in maintaining data integrity in production systems
- Use trained models to enable rapid experimentation
- Participate in Agile planning around data feature requests and advocate for the best data engineering projects in priority planning.
- Collaborating closely with Teladoc Health’s ML experts, Data Scientists, Product Managers and clinical researchers to build products that help people live better lives
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark, and a strong depth of expertise with at least one of these
- Unshakeable (nearly innate) grasp of software engineering fundamentals
- Specific experience creating and maintaining production pipelines
- Keen attention to detail and a knack for prioritizing competing objectives
- The ability to solve real-life business problems with data
- A passion for using your work to improve lives
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. In lieu of degree, relevant work experience and/or trade school is acceptable
- 7+ years’ experience in software development
- 3+ years in a data engineering role
- Strong SQL development experience (Postgres / AWS Redshift/MySQL)
- Expertise in Scala, Java, or Python
People and culture are Teladoc Health’s greatest and most valued assets! We’ve built a culture we are proud of that reflects our values of diversity and inclusion where everyone’s voice is equally important.
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and 401K
- Generous PTO policy
- 10 paid holidays each year
- Lunch provided Monday through Thursday (in office)
- An endless variety of healthy snacks and beverages to fuel your creativity
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Team events and social gatherings
- Pet-friendly environment in Mountain View, CA and Denver
- Diabetes Care Prescription Reimbursement
- Discount/Subsidy program for gym membership
- Provide the full line of Livongo programs and services to all employees and their families
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.