Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
The Senior Medical Director (“SMD”) reports to the VP Physician Executive and Medical Director of Clinical Operations and will be a key member of management, integrally involved in strategic planning and organizational development while supporting our overall mission, long term vision, current values, and short-term objectives. The SMD will have the unique combination of skills to succeed in the rapidly changing healthcare environment: a progressive, flexible, innovative “lead by doing” and team player-coach who skillfully facilitates change in order to create the highest quality and cost-effective Provider organization and help drive a performance-based culture.
In conjunction with the VP, Medical Director of Clinical Operations and/or other operations leaders, this position provides strategic clinical leadership for the assigned division, helps promote the advancement of the exceptional patient, physician and employee experience throughout our Teladoc network, provides leadership in the alignment of physicians and provider services with strategic goals and priorities, and leads the development of clinical quality agendas, including consistent performance targets and metrics, setting a standard of care, creating economic value and cost effectiveness, measuring and improving clinical outcomes, and disseminating best practices. This position assists with recruiting, orientation, training and monitoring of new physicians to Teladoc Health-Mental Health (TDH-MH) platform. The SMD will supervise regional medical directors, team leads, and other areas of local leadership as deemed applicable. The SMD reports and may work in a dyad relationship with the operations program manager or cross-functionally with other operations leadership as needed.
- Daily oversight and management of MH provider network to include clinical care delivery, quality initiatives and patient satisfaction to ensure NPS > 55 (50%)
- Represent MH provider network needs, reevaluate and evolve internal processes end to end from recruiting through active participation resulting in provider satisfaction > 85% (25%)
- Partner with Medical quality organization to promote, assist and advance quality initiatives while simultaneously mitigating risk. (15%)
- Evaluate, assess, train and support next level management structure to support future growth of MH network (10%)
In conjunction with operations leaders, this position:
- Creates and implements TDH’s vision and strategic plan and helps translate it into tactical actions to achieve success and helps drive a performance-based culture
- Reinforces and promotes group culture among peers and providers and works to advance any cultural changes needed to improve all aspects of the division and organization
- Promotes, assists and advances quality initiatives and partners with both regional and local leadership as well as providers to incorporate standards of care and initiatives
- Identifies clinically unacceptable practices and targets them for elimination
- Decreases variation by implementing, monitoring and reporting clinical practice guidelines, identifies best practices and helps build processes/systems to manage them
- Recruits, selects, coaches, mentors, supports, develops and evaluates regional medical directors and practice medical directors. Assists with new physician recruitment, selection, orientation, training, distribution and assimilation to TDH to enhance provider engagement and satisfaction
- Addresses and resolves physician/provider behavior and performance problems and applies disciplinary/corrective actions when needed. Reports these actions to VP, Medical Director for collaboration and Quality review
- Encourages and reinforces responsible innovation by others
- Seeks radical improvements of habitual practices for the sake of quality, cost and service improvements. May be called to resolve serious or unusual patient or employee complaints
- Assists administrative managers with gaining understanding of physician perspectives
- Serves as an approachable voice to help balance physician and organizational perspectives; facilitates two-way understanding and helps achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Facilitates TDH care councils and business unit meetings as needed
In conjunction with the CLOPS VP, Medical Director and/or other operations leaders, this position:
- Leads the implementation of clinical quality agendas, including consistent performance targets and metrics, setting a standard of care, creating economic value and cost effectiveness, measuring and improving clinical outcomes, and disseminating best practices
- Provides aligned leadership support of physician and provider services with strategic goals and priorities
- Management of performance for quality, access, and customer service, visits, KPI’s, productivity and operating margin
- Participates in goal setting and managing execution. Execution includes implementation/monitoring/accountability
- Identifies referral or integration opportunities, helps others understand patterns and collaborates to achieve solutions to market and population needs
- Collaborates with strategic operational leadership for the assigned division, helping to promote the advancement of the exceptional patient, provider and employee experience throughout our TDH network
- Passionate regarding the delivery of high-quality medical care
- Medical director experience
- Experience with delivering telemedicine care
- Effectiveness in leading physicians
- Software and product methodology
- Financial acumen and can manage to budget and P & L
- Demonstrated effectiveness in cross-departmental collaboration
- Current license as psychologist/psychiatrist
- >10 years clinical practice
- Continued active clinical practice
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.