The Vice President, Clinical Quality - Physician is a Medical Senior Leadership position that will work closely with the Chief Quality Officer and Chief Medical Officer in support of Teladoc Health’s commitment to unsurpassed quality and will be active in the ongoing development and execution of the quality strategy for the organization. Teladoc Health defines quality broadly and cross-functionally. This position will interface with executive leadership as well as provide clinical leadership and support of the day-to-day operational needs of the department. This includes: Ensuring safety and minimizing risk associated with all clinical services, delivering on high quality and lower cost care for members and clients, and demonstrating quality impact to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with the Chief Quality Officer on the ongoing development and execution of Teladoc Health’s quality strategy.
- Work closely with CQO and other leaders in the continued evolution of a first-class, scalable quality infrastructure.
- Promote a culture of quality throughout the organization.
- Work with clinical teams to ensure patient safety and quality of TDH clinical services.
- Provide day-to-day clinical leadership to the department and staff.
- Lead the design, implementation, and monitoring of the quality of clinical services, systems, and processes for a rapidly evolving mix of clinical programs.
- Support the development and maintenance of a broad quality plan for the organization.
- Manage and direct the activities of medical directors and consultants in support of day-to-day operational functions of the department (peer review, FPPE/OPPE, etc.).
- Work closely with clinical operations, product, IT, marketing, clinical analytics and other business units to execute quality agenda and drive quality improvement.
- Support and direct development of clinical content, guidelines, protocols, and policies across multiple clinical services.
- Serve as an internal and external subject matter expert on clinical quality.
- Design and implement approach to program-level quality assessment and demonstration in support of value-based (at-risk) contracting for clinical services and integrated offerings.
- Support development of KPI’s to drive measurable improvement for clinical services at program, patient and population levels.
- Develop and drive improvement initiatives in support of KPIs and quality agenda.
- Support development of dashboards and other tools to support quality improvement activities and demonstration of outcomes.
- Work closely with product development team to consider and communicate quality impacts and requirements of new or modified clinical products/services. This includes necessary process, technology, data and other requirements.
- Represent TDH externally as a thought leader in virtual medicine and clinical quality.
- Ensure capture, analysis, and reporting of patient safety events.
- Work directly with clinical representatives from key clients in support of quality and patient safety.
- Active medical license with board certification
- 7+ years professional work experience
- Demonstrated problem solving, strategic and analytic skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, organizing, and managing multiple priorities and projects.
- Clinical quality and patient safety leadership experience
- Knowledge of established quality improvement methodology and healthcare quality frameworks
- Strong statistical and analytical background and experience with analytic tools/software
- Previous experience in telemedicine/virtual care preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships across departments
- Passionate about quality as a core business function
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.