Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
You won’t have to scratch, claw, wheedle or cajole candidates to talk to Teladoc Health. The inherent wow-factor of working for Teladoc Health makes our job openings very alluring, as we deliver healthcare breakthroughs that measurably impact people’s lives for the better and transform healthcare globally. Come open the door to amazing opportunity – for you, and for the candidates you recruit. Our team is laser-focused on providing an exceptional candidate experience, attracting high-quality diverse talent, and spreading brand awareness as we continue to scale in Canada.
In this player/coach role as a Talent Acquisition Manager, you will leverage your network and recruiting channels to bring talented professionals across various service lines including Clinical, Technology, Finance, and Operations. Your creativity, contacts and keen insight will help fulfill Teladoc Health's mission during this time of exponential growth in the Canadian market. This role will also build, coach, lead and drive our team responsible for corporate and physician recruitment, collaborating with key business and HR leaders to develop and implement forward thinking Talent Acquisition strategies that showcase Teladoc Health Canada’s employer of choice attributes.
The Talent Acquisition Manager will oversee all aspects of Talent Acquisition; this means not only sourcing talent, interviewing candidates, and ensuring they have a positive experience throughout the recruitment process, but also develop and implement key talent insights to drive accountability and forward-thinking conversations ensuring optimal people competencies are aligned to overall business priorities in order to provide greater transparency and visibility to stakeholders.
- Identify, source and engage candidates from a variety of clinical and corporate fields through creative and innovative sourcing approaches
- Review, pre-screen and interview candidates to determine appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements
- Serve as the primary point of contact for candidates throughout the recruiting cycle (i.e. communicate status, answer questions and coordinate all follow-up efforts)
- Implement and manage various applicant tracking system platforms and recruitment tools, responsible for documenting and tracking opportunities and candidates
- Build and manage the implementation of priority talent segment strategies, managing internal/external ROI and identify cost saving/revenue generating opportunities to expand Talent Acquisition partnerships
- Coach team members towards the effective and efficient utilization of sourcing, hiring & selection tools and resources to support business requirements and strategies
- Lead and develop progressive and transformative programs to increase Talent Acquisition capability in key markets and businesses.
- Continue to grow a far-reaching network of contacts, developing strong personal/professional relationships
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of staffing needs and the expertise required to succeed in various positions
- Maintain a compelling presence on social media to assist with recruiting campaigns and candidate sourcing
- Expand and enhance the Teladoc Health employer brand, as well as the visibility/reach of job posts
- Monitor the effectiveness of all recruiting efforts, with specific attention paid to producing a flow of candidates through the recruiting pipeline
- Ensure consistent communication regarding recruiting efforts by providing status updates to all stakeholders through meetings, email updates and reports
- Provide market research to support candidate and geographic profiling to guide recruiting
- Help negotiate compensation packages
- Conduct reference checks as needed
- Facilitate candidate assessments after interviews
- Maintain a deep understanding of the recruiting market and the recruiting life cycles, to serve as a source of information to other internal staff
- Provide a world-class experience for every candidate
- Carry out Teladoc’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as part of recruiting strategies
- Minimum 8 years of progressive and innovative leadership experience within Healthcare Talent Acquisition, coupled with a proven track record of leading transformative initiatives
- Proven track record of self-sufficient, full life-cycle recruiting, including expertise with screening, negotiations/closing and candidate relationship management
- Proven experience developing, implementing, executing and monitoring Talent Acquisition functions with a focus on enhancing operational efficiency
- Solid understanding of managing teams that are accountable for high volume, clinical as well as professional roles
- Expert knowledge of the Healthcare Talent Acquisition landscape, talent sourcing and candidate relationship management tools and practices
- Experience with a variety of HR systems including implementing and managing an applicant tracking system and/or other technologies and working with recruitment partners/vendors
- A track record of recruiting success for all levels of positions from early career to leadership level
- Creative approaches for finding and attracting top talent
- Proactive approach to networking and building relationships
- A strong work ethic, integrity and personal accountability
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, continually evolving environment, using proven time management skills and working with a strong sense of urgency
- High level of respect for and adherence to confidentiality rules
- A passion for teamwork, with a burning desire to contribute
- 4-year college degree (BS/BA)
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.