Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
As the Senior Technical Support Engineer – Telehealth Network Specialist you will provide advanced technical support of, and training for, the Teladoc Health Telehealth Network to maximize product availability, reliability, and security. Support both internal and external customers by analyzing and resolving complex and unusual issues. Investigate fielded products that are performing poorly due to network issues and suggest improvements to optimize the performance of those products. Develop and improve processes and tools to maximize the performance of Teladoc products within customer networks. Develop and document Inform Engineering on network and product improvements as well as tools to facilitate efficient implementation and troubleshooting of products which are dependent on good network connectivity. Develop training material and provide training on advanced concepts and systems used in Teladoc Health products and services.
- Partner with technical support team to manage and resolve complex product performance issues at customer sites
- Provide Tier 3 expertise on network related product performance issues
- Analyze and present product performance parameters such as Device Uptime (Availability) and Connection Success
- Partner with Engineering to enhance to tools and processes to improve product performance
- Partner with the Analytics team to enhance metrics and presentation of metrics regarding product performance
- Partner with all functional groups within Teladoc Health to continually improve products, processes, and customer relations
- Train other technical support personnel on network analysis tools and implementation processes to improve product performance and support response effectiveness
- Implement and use remote access tools to assess and correct system issues
- Represent Teladoc with hospital executives, IT staff, physicians, and other customer personnel regarding design and network requirements
- Gather information, run tests, and report results to Teladoc staff for additional troubleshooting, improvements, and process development or revision
- Perform advanced data analysis and trend identification to improve reliability and performance of the Teladoc Health network and products
- Participate in investigation/root cause analysis of service disruptions
- Use Excel to perform statistical analysis of system status and performance data
- Define training for field team on implementation and Network Optimization
- Suggest enhancements to tools used to monitor and maintain Teladoc equipment at customer sites to increase availability, reliability, and security
- Maintain database of technical information relating to network performance
- Ability to cover multiple, overlapping complex projects; well organized and adaptable to changing demands
- In-depth understanding and experience with wireless networks, set up and configuration
- In-depth understanding and experience with networks, firewalls and servers
- Strong skills in Excel including statistical data analysis and pivot tables
- Ability to perform computer hardware component level replacement desired
- Prior work experience in a hospital environment a plus
- Understanding of SIP (Session Initiation Protocol)
- Ability to communicate advance technical details to both technical and non-technical persons
- Excellence in written and verbal communication
- Degree in computer science, IT, engineering or related field.
- Ten plus years working in IT
- Thorough knowledge of networking technology with particular emphasis on wireless technology
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of Virtual Machine implementations
- Knowledge of remote access tools
- Ability to simplify and convey advanced technical concepts to others with less technical experience
- Must be able to move/transport robots, weighing over 200 lbs. with wheeled assistance
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to support others on the technical support team outside of standard working hours as required
Impress us even more:
- Experience with Medical Devices in Hospital settings
- Experience with SalesForce.com Service Cloud
- Script Development (Shell scripts)
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.