The Senior Vice President, Clinical Operations is responsible for clinical operational delivery for Teladoc Health across all US based service lines. Key accountabilities include exceeding service level agreements, improving cost of service and product optimization.
The role is the most senior clinical delivery role at Teladoc Health. They will lead a functional area of 400+ employees, tens of thousands of providers, and $300M+ in expenses[AR1] . They will report to the Chief Operations Officer and be a member of the executive management team. Must be able to operate and execute in a complex functional and matrix management structure, working closely with Operations, Clinical, Marketing, Finance, Product, Legal and IT leadership to execute the delivery strategy.
- Ensure internal and external service levels for all service lines are met or exceeded.
- Monitor, assess and improve cost of service and gross margin.
- Optimize existing product delivery for scale and operationalize new product deployments.
- Participate in organizational leadership and management team responsibilities to include regular meetings, company presentations and board requests.
- Provide clinical, operational, and strategic leadership necessary to deliver high-value care.
- Lead multidisciplinary team across multiple service lines and products.
- Comfort in high growth organizations.
- A systems approach to problem solving, product optimization and process improvement.
- Ensure staffing needs for the delivery of services are met to fulfill SLA’s, visit volume expansion and new business opportunities.
- Identify, assess, and analyze opportunities for product innovation and product enhancements.
- Financial oversight of cost of care delivery to include budget process for clinical operations overall care delivery in-line with gross margin expectations.
- Oversee all aspects of provider onboarding including, recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and credentialing.
- Ownership of provider satisfaction and champion needs as a key customer to the organization.
- Oversee 24/7 operational command center.
- Provide market feedback on provider payment and develop new models.
- Build comprehensive member experience center by integrating existing member engagement team and expanding service recovery program
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with internal and external key stakeholders at all organizational levels.
- Identify technology and process improvements for increased efficiencies, accuracy, and continuous business advancement.
- Participate as member of operating committee. Support corporate initiatives and special projects as needed.
- Integrate operational acquisition assets as appropriate
- Partner with clinical quality organization to execute on board approved annual quality plan.
- 10+ years’ experience managing, and leading large-scale healthcare delivery required
- P & L responsibility for $200M+ managed services, health systems, operations, or provider staffing organization.
- Strong financial background and ability to craft, monitor and refine budgets.
- Proven success with large scale initiatives requiring real-time monitoring, escalation processes, interpreting data, assessing impact, and refining processes to ensure fulfillment to established service-levels.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability including strong coaching, motivational and interpersonal skills are required with an emphasis on service, team, and individual improvement
- Experience succeeding in matrixed, fast moving, highly collaborative environment
- Able to effectively adapt to changing business needs and manage uncertainty and competing priorities
- High professionalism and proven ability to interact effectively with all levels of an organization
- Establish trustworthy working relationships with clients, customers, regulators, community partners, peers
- Product and IT experience with new and expanding products desirable.
- College Education
- MBA, MD or similar post-graduate degree desired
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.