Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
The projects you will be leading are central to the Clinical Operations of our business. You will drive initiatives from start to finish, identifying success metrics and providing status updates to senior leadership. As you execute on your objectives, you will take a deep dive into all facets of our business. At Teladoc there is no limit to what you can learn and what you can achieve. Success in this role will be supported by your ability to collaborate and influence, as you build relationships with teammates in diverse roles across the Clinical R&D team. Your core competencies will include the ability to adapt, take initiative, create structure within an ever changing environment, manage complex timelines with multiple players, and drive complex projects to completion.
- Lead Clinical R&D teams to identify and execute on complex projects that facilitate innovation, productivity, delivery and scale
- Assist leaders across the Clinical R&D organization with change-management initiatives to ensure new and updated processes are easily adopted by everyone involved
- Review existing processes and facilitate working sessions with teams within the Clinical R&D org to identify gaps, issues, opportunities for improvement and design future state
- Establish new operational processes and project management documentation
- Create and manage project plans to ensure outcomes are met, potential roadblocks and risks are anticipated, escalated, and solved for, and quality and alignment across programs are delivered
- Provide ongoing updates regarding project status, throughout the organization, including with senior leadership
- Interface with external vendors, as required, to ensure appropriate engagement and accountability in conjunction with internal resources and activities
- Assist with data analysis as it pertains to excellence in project management and execution
- Collaborate with Training personnel to develop effective training plans
- Build project business cases, performing ROI analysis
- Drive projects forward by creating and managing detailed project plans, timelines, communications and support materials
- Perform risk assessments, change-readiness assessments and cost-benefit analyses
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in operations, consulting, program management, process design, process improvement, or business process reengineering
- Experience with working in a cross functional environment and serving as a liaison to bring the team together during program execution
- Strong and effective strategic thinker and problem solver with high degree of emotional intelligence, with the ability to both recognize and anticipate problems
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build business relationships and influence without authority as part of a matrix organization
- Strong command of business analytics, including analyzing current state operations, building and defining recommendations, defining processes and requirements, as well as implementing those changes. Proven track record of facilitating process optimization and process change initiatives in a cross-functional and cross-cultural setting
- Strong command of project management capabilities, including developing and managing timelines, budgets, and risks, as well as experience with matrixed leadership & facilitation and business case development
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, in English, with an ability to interact at all levels of personnel
- Experience with enterprise-level technology implementations in a rapidly-innovating environment
- Experience managing external vendors through complex project execution
- Enthusiasm for learning, growing, and improving, quickly
- Grace and enthusiasm under pressure
- A passion and aptitude for problem-solving, with a continuous-improvement mindset
- Inherent curiosity, with a passion for brainstorming and asking the right questions
- The ability to identify needs, jump in, and work independently
- Project Management Certification (eg: PgMP, PMI – ACP, PMP)
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.