Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
With the integration of the Livongo portfolio of behavior change solutions into the larger digital offering of Teladoc, our ability to drive and deliver behavior change solutions for individuals living with chronic conditions -- and do so at scale -- has become even more powerful. Connected devices live at the heart of this experience, on two fronts. First, we leverage a suite of hardware tools that enable our members to self-monitor not only their behaviors, but also their bodies -- for example, their glucose levels, blood pressure, heart rate, and weight -- from the comfort of their own home. Second, we manage a fleet of commercial grade telehealth devices used in hospitals and clinical care settings that provide on-site and in-the-cloud access to patient vitals. Combined, these data streams provide essential clues into where each member is on their journey towards living a healthier and happier life -- and how we at Teladoc can best provide support and guidance in an adaptive, just-in-time fashion.
- Diving in deeply to wrangle, tame, and extract insights from the full spectrum of connected devices in the Teladoc portfolio
- Improving the quality of the data streams themselves, by developing algorithms and models for anomaly detection, time series interpolation, and prediction/forecasting of future trends at both individual and population levels
- Working closely with our partners in Data Engineering to “bring these models to life” in production-grade settings
- Partnering with the Clinical Research and Coaching teams to develop new ways of visualizing relationships between data streams in ways that are accessible and insightful to our members
- Providing Data Science support on pilot studies investigating novel monitoring devices, and how they can be used optimally within our behavior change programs
- Collaborating closely with cross-functional stakeholders to help scope and solve problems they face, and providing them with informed and practical recommendations
- 3+ years experience working in Data Science at a SaaS or consumer-facing company, or in an academic/clinical setting (e.g., MS, MPH, PhD)
- A demonstrable depth of experience working in SQL and Python, with particular strengths in distributed computing environments (preferably Spark-based)
- Prior experience working in one or more of these areas: human physiology, medical devices, remote monitoring, sensors, telemetry, or time series forecasting is a big plus
- A solid track record of applying statistical inference and machine learning concepts, techniques, and tools to solve challenging problems
- Experience designing and building useful, maintainable code that can be leveraged within larger data science pipelines. Past experience in building production-grade solutions is a plus
- Well-honed critical thinking, active listening, and communication skills to infer business needs, grasp underlying context, and translate loose direction on analytical projects into concrete solutions
- An ability to balance “operating room finesse” with “emergency room speed”
- A passion for collaborating and sharing knowledge in both technical and non-technical settings
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.
$107 - 117K base salary range is based on full time employment in Colorado only. Actual pay may vary based job-related skills, qualifications, certifications, and experience. This role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus or commission payment, in addition to equity incentives and a comprehensive benefits package.