Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
The Senior Payroll Specialist is responsible for executing timely and accurate payroll processes and updates for the company. Under the direction of the Payroll Manager, this role will lead the full life cycle payroll activities for multi-state US and Canada processing and record keeping aspects of the function, completes audits, resolves complex employee inquiries, works on projects and mentor’s more junior staff. This position works closely with the Senior Payroll Analyst and Stock Administrator to ensure the Employee Stock transactions are accurately recorded to employees pay records as transactions occur with the 3rd party stock vendor. This position also participates in continuous improvement initiatives related to the systems and payroll processing.
- Process US and Canada payroll and manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Execute the daily Bi-Weekly/Semi-Monthly Stock files from the Plan Administrator into the UltiPro Payroll system
- Ensure each file is balanced and recorded properly using the correct Stock Pay codes according to tax withholdings
- Answer any question the Stock Administrator has in regard to how the file was processed and the taxes that were withheld
- Perform Monthly reconciliations of Stock Files in order to balance at the end of each Quarter
- Complete any Managed Adjustments each month to reconcile employee tax withholding
- Monitor approvals, once approved continue with the confirmation and final balancing of the stock file
- Perform audit of payroll transactions and payroll registers prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Manage the timekeeping system (Ultimate Time Management), inclusive of making edits to time punches for employees by supervisor request on an as needed basis and importing all timesheets
- Research and investigate timely and accurately payroll discrepancies and employee issues
- Manage garnishment administration and other special payroll deductions
- Generates variety of payroll reports to include pay period, monthly and special reports requested by business leaders and Finance
- Process off cycle pay runs
- Review and approve W-4 tax data updates submitted through self-service via Ultimate Software
- Review, retrieve and respond to payroll emails, including those received through the HR new hire, payroll changes, HR terminations and payroll inquiry inboxes
- Process terminations and final pay calculations within state guidelines in UltiPro system timely and accurately
- Assist in creating/updating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures and ensuring that policies and procedures are being adhered to
- Ensure company policies and procedures and federal and state rules and regulations are in compliance with relevant laws and internal processes
- Act as a liaison between payroll and the human resources department
- Meet all payroll deadlines for multiple payrolls (semi-monthly and bi-weekly)
- Assist with research, process improvements and projects on an as needed basis
- Conduct and/or participate in internal and external audits
- Train and mentor junior payroll staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required (years of relevant work experience may be substituted)
- 1-3 years Stock administration and processing experience preferred
- 3 -5 years of related work experience in US payroll processing required experience with Canadian payroll is a plus
- 3-5 years Multi-state payroll experience preferred
- Ultimate software experience desired but not required
- Familiarity with payroll federal and state laws required
- Proficient MS office and excel experience
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail required. Must be able to investigate, document and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and coordinate multiple tasks while also being able to manage time effectively and meeting deadlines
- Effective decision-making, pro-active problem-solving, and organizational and leadership skills
- Effective customer service skills, along with a strong professional demeanor and be able to effectively interact with anyone needing assistance to include employees and all levels of management
- Strong initiative and drive
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.