Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
The Senior Director, Public Relations will lead key communications functions for Teladoc Health including media relations, social media strategy, public relations campaigns, and issues management. The position oversees the strategic direction and daily workflow of a small team charged with telling the Teladoc Health story through external channels. Longstanding, trust-based relationships with consumer and business journalists are a critical requirement for this role that will act as chief spokesperson and liaison between the company and the news media. The role works with company executives and experts to craft and promote stories that bring our brand to life and position our leaders to have influence with our stakeholders.
- Manages a team of public relations (PR) professionals in the development and execution of the company’s external communications program
- Fosters team alignment and cohesion, helping communications professionals new to the company on board and work cooperatively quickly in a fast-growing environment
- Builds a highly engaged team of strong advocates for the corporate brand, who together can effectively manage complex announcements and campaigns in a matrixed environment
- Leads the development of external communications plans and media relations strategies that successfully build brand preference with consumers, clients, providers and investors
- Oversees the production of earned and owned media content and events that are both newsworthy for key audiences and convey core company narrative and culture
- Possesses and cultivates deep national, regional and business media relationships, with a proven record of aggressively placing high profile positive press coverage
- Manages organic social media strategy on LinkedIn and Twitter, developing campaigns and content approaches that build channel followership
- Supervises issues management for the company, including the development and updating of crisis plans as well as the active management of media relations on issues as they arise
- Partners with business and enterprise leadership to source potential external content and develops outreach plans to tell the company’s story in cooperation with the director of corporate communications
- Participates in the briefing and media training of corporate spokespeople including C-suite executives, with prior experience working successfully with senior leaders
- Directs the creation of public relations assets, with experience in video production, the principles of graphic design and social media copywriting
- Oversees the drafting and editing of public and executive facing public relations documents including press releases, fact sheets, media interview messaging and briefing materials
- Responsible for measurement of corporate external communications activities, publishing regular reports on key metrics including impressions, engagement, share of voice and message pull-through
- Co-owns development and execution of corporate thought leadership campaigns with the director of corporate communications
- At least 10-15 years of public relations or communications experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of virtual team management experience
- Proven track record managing and optimizing an agency budget greater than $1 million
- Success in advising and supporting senior executives including CEOs and boards of directors
- Deep, long-standing relationships with national media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, the Financial Times and all major broadcast networks
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.