We're looking for an engineering leader who takes ownership on break-through solutions while maintaining a collaborative and productive team culture. In this role, you’ll lead a team in designing and building Teladoc’s Mental Health Mobile Apps, which enables our members to address their mental health needs and maintain a healthy lifestyle. You'll work closely with product managers, engineers, data scientists, and operations team members to create the most innovative and relevant digital healthcare solutions on the market. You’ll be supporting a community of thousands of health employers and partners.
This is truly a leadership position, so we need someone with both technical skills and an effective management style. To succeed in this role you must have the ability to guide, innovate and thrive in a fast-paced and passionate environment. Come be empowered, ask big questions, think outside the box and truly make a difference.
- Providing leadership and growth for the Mental Health mobile team, consisting of mobile and quality engineers, empowering them to accomplish our product mission and initiatives
- Overseeing the growth and scalability of our Mental Health mobile applications
- Managing project deadlines, planning resources, and delegating responsibilities
- Creating and managing team criteria for success, KPIs, and dashboards
- Working closely with product leads, program managers, and stakeholders to define product scope and deadlines using an agile, continuous planning process
- Planning long term growth for the team and hiring new engineers
- Cultivating a productive, strong, and happy culture within the team and broader R&D organization
- Providing updates, recommendations, and advocacy to leadership on behalf of the department
- Identifying opportunities for new projects and processes, then planning, collaborating, and successfully implementing them
- 7+ years experience in software development with strong background in mobile applications
- Experience or working understanding of full stack web software, mobile software
- 5+ years experience in hands-on engineering management leading high performing teams
- Strong experience in designing, implementing, and scaling software systems
- Experience with people- and mission-focused leadership in an agile environment
- Coaching experience, with the ability to recognize and utilize unique strengths in teammates
- Passion for building rapport, solving problems, and leading decisions in a cross-functional organization
- Excellent project management skills, being able to manage new priorities and unexpected events
- Adaptability, creativity, and drive to achieve or exceed goals in an ever-changing environment
- Strong communication skills to effectively deliver updates and recommendations to upper management, as well as conveying technical concepts to non-technical personnel
Salary range is $140,000-$165,000 based on full time employment. Actual pay may vary based job-related skills, qualifications, certifications, and experience. This role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus or commission payment, in addition to equity incentives and a comprehensive benefits package.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.