Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
Workplace is responsible for office operations across a global portfolio, providing space and support services for our internal business units. We employ a matrix management structure with office needs delivered through a combination of local management supported by functional teams. Workplace manages the global portfolio to align real estate assets with the Firm’s business plan. The team is responsible for Portfolio Strategy, Portfolio Management, Project Management, Design/Engineering and Employee Services.
The new Construction Project Manager will be a mid-level role within the Workplace team. The Construction Project Manager will work collaboratively with the Head of Workplace Design, Design Project Manager, Workplace team members and internal/external stakeholders towards the successful delivery of our workplace strategy agenda across Teladoc Health, dynamically aligning the workplace with our business needs, brand and culture to enable our people to perform at their peak and to manage costs.
The Construction Project Manager will play an integral role as we guide Teladoc Health through a period of change, shifting to a new agile workplace strategy and supporting a consistent employee experience via new space, design and technology standards. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind, great organizational skills, and the ability to hit the ground running to help support ongoing office expansion projects in three regional offices. Pipeline projects include implementing new design, branding and AV technology standards across all offices, specialized facilities for Clinical and R&D functions, corporate experience centers, corporate HQ offices and more. This is an exciting opportunity to positively impact staff and space productivity, creating a workplace that ensures a consistent employee/visitor experience across our offices and supports the evolving needs of our business.
- Plan and supervise a wide range of construction and renovation projects from start to finish
- Organize and oversee construction management procedures and ensure timely and efficient completion
- Lead and participate in preparing budgets, scopes of work and project schedules
- Collaboratively develop project management SOP, contractor code of conduct and best practices to support the company’s ability to scale
- Evaluate project progress, prepare and present detailed reports
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, external CRE / PM firms and other professionals to assure clear understanding and delivery of project specifications
- Manage stakeholder relationships and lead / participate in OAC meetings
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors / contractors to achieve cost - ROI efficiencies
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities, and resolve issues as needed
- Make recommendations on construction techniques, building materials and equipment to achieve performance goals and cost efficiencies
- 7-10 years of experience in commercial construction and renovation projects, preferably in leased Office/Workplace and/or Healthcare environments
- A bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Building Construction, Engineering, Architecture, or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders, while driving accountability for deliverables
- Well versed in all construction methodologies and procedures
- Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints and schematic drawings
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve best results
- High degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms and conditions, RFI’s, RFPs, submittals, and project related legal documents
- Knowledge of job site health & safety standards
- Knowledge of code compliance issues in commercial environments (seismic design knowledge and CA Title 24 a plus)
- Knowledge and/or certification in PMP, LEED, WELL, Fitwel, or related standards is a plus
- Ability to work in a distributed team environment with good collaboration skills
- Ability to travel as needed to work site locations around the world
- Excellent presentation abilities
- Proficiency in the use of MS Project, MS Teams, Smartsheets required; AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Procore and IWMS systems a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Strong work ethic and drive
- Ability to responsibly handle confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across all levels of an organization
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.