The Chief Financial Officer (US) is an analytical, creative, finance strategist who works closely with the company’s three Presidents, leadership team, and the corporate Finance team to drive the financial strategy, planning and outcomes. This position is an essential partner in driving the long-term growth strategy, implementing operational efficiencies, effectively managing financial risk potential, and ultimately ensuring consistent delivery of the financial commitments.
This position will support the following businesses: U.S. Group Health (USGH), BetterHelp and Hospital and Health Systems and reports to the Chief Financial Officer, Teladoc Health.
- Effectively lead and motivate direct and/or indirect reports (including cross-functional partners in sales) to ensure delivery of financial planning needs and results
- Partner with the President’s and leadership to evolve and execute on the near and long-term financial plans
- Partner with the Corporate Chief Accounting Officer, lead the delivery of the business’s actual results for accurate consolidation into the Company’s overall financial results (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Lead the strategy for pricing deals and influence product pricing for large contracts, customers, and deals
- Influence and facilitate business leaders to set short and long-term strategy to drive profitable future revenue growth
- Establish and manage KPIs and an effective oversight process to enable rapid business decisions while mitigating risk
- Lead the financial forecast planning cycles (monthly, quarterly, annually) for the BUs and collaborate with the Corporate FP&A team to ensure accurate consolidation into overall plans
- Analyze financial performance results, trends, and opportunities to recommend strategies to increase BU revenue and profitability
- Prepare and deliver financial presentations and QBR’s to a variety of stakeholders, including leadership, corporate Finance and Executive teams, board members and shareholders
- Contribute as needed to SEC/regulatory reporting, investor relations activities, financial audits and other activities in support of the corporate finance team success
- Work as an effective member of the Finance Leadership team to drive the Company’s financial goals forward and deliver upon promises to the board of directors and shareholders
- Demonstrate a high level of personal accountability, innovative thinking and process improvement day to day
- A strong, strategic, and analytical mindset coupled with intellectual energy
- Desire and experience managing high performing teams
- Industry experience should include health plan (payor), public company, SMB (agile environment/fast paced), industry disruptors’/innovator, and an appreciation for each experience
- Demonstrated experience working in a matrixed environment and influencing key stakeholders
- Working knowledge of risk-based pricing
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or other related area required (years of relevant experience may be substituted). Master’s or MBA preferred
- 20+ years of progressive experience within finance teams, with at least 5 years operating in a senior leadership / CFO role
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.