The Manager, Contracts is a leadership role within Commercial Operations, responsible for the day-to-day management and performance of certain members of the USGH Contracts Management Team in the successful review, drafting, negotiation, and management of contracts within assigned Client segments, and is also charged with the day-to-day administration of selected contracts, amendments, and related documents.
- Supervise and provide leadership and direction to certain staff of the USGH Contracts Management Team (e.g., Contract Specialists).
- Review nonstandard contractual provisions and provide subject matter expert assistance to direct reports as needed.
- With minimal supervision, operating within established guidelines, negotiate with Clients through the preparation and revision of selected contracts, amendments, and related documents. Prepare and/or evaluate supporting analyses as requested. Make recommendations to Director, Contracts for improving processes, relationships, and profitability. Responsible for reviewing contract documents for compliance with Company standards, laws, regulations, and profitability guidelines.
- Review with and obtain approval from Legal Counsel on unique and nonstandard legal terms in contracts.
- Assist with the on-going implementation and administration of the Contracts Lifecycle Management System.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of the Contracts Queue Tracking Spreadsheet and its future transition into the Contracts Lifecycle Management System.
- Work with Legal Counsel to update and finalize contract templates.
- Ensure that contract documents flow through the defined Contract Management processes in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure contract terms are appropriately communicated to internal business partners. Ensure pricing and terms are captured accurately in contract management systems.
- Develop appropriate relationships and communication with internal business partners to ensure that contracts are constructed to support Company strategy, sales goals, and with consideration for functional operations.
- Develop and maintain appropriate contract management documents and tools, including but not limited to contract request status reports, contract summary reports, and expiration reports. Deliver ad hoc reports and analyses as requested. Maintain complete, accurate, and up-to-date contract records and audit trails as required.
- Develop and master familiarity with the information systems utilized within the Company (i.e. Salesforce and Apttus CLM).
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Salesforce is required. Familiarity with Power Point and contract management software platforms is also desirable, but not required.
- Proven ability to effectively lead, mentor, and motivate a professional level staff is required.
- 2-3 years of people management experience required.
- 8+ years of relevant contracting experience in the healthcare industry required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university required. J.D. and/or MBA very desirable, but not required.
- Demonstrated business integrity and ability to ensure deadlines are met, including re-establishing priorities as necessary.
- Excellent organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.