The Health Plan Account owner will act as CEO of their book of business and is focused on profitable growth.
The Account Owner will have full responsibility for all strategic and functional management of one or more of Teladoc’s National Health Plan clients. With a primary focus on growth, the Account Owner develops executive level relationships with the health plan’s executives and wakes up every day thinking “how do I partner, serve and grow my client base?” What are my relationships? What strategies should I deploy? What products serve both the client and Teladoc Health. Leads the companies Client Management Activities and ensures successful upselling, implementation, servicing and utilization support.
Employs consultative and strategic account leadership. Develops product expansion, new market development and retention strategies, including contract renewal. Responsible for measuring and relaying impact and value, including ROI, cost avoidance, population health management, and member wellness.
Is a leader who sets the vision and drives the strategy for the entire team of people who engage with their client. Motivates, inspires and sets priority so that all members of the team work in unison and deliver value to your client and profitable growth to Teladoc.
Responsible for client satisfaction. Mobilizes and motivates company internal resources to resolve health plans’ issues, streamline processes, and maximize profit. Works closely with Marketing leadership to drive utilization within client base.
The mission of the Account Owner is to:
- Grow revenue from each of your clients by at least 30% Year over Year
- Deliver at least 1 new line of business or new product sale each year at each client
- Capture Health Plan membership on existing and added products
- Coordinate the delivery of best-in-class customer service
- Develop and execute client plans to grow the portfolio via additional lines of business, cross-sell of product lines, upselling, and driving ASO client growth
- Develop and execute strategic plans, achieving revenue and retention goals
- Coordinating successful client hand off/management activities
- Drive increased utilization across all lines of business
- Oversee other client strategies including marketing, technology, and renewals; direct all renewal activities
- Manage all client touchpoints and maintain historical retention targets, including annual renewals, key relationship changes, upsells, and fee renegotiation
- Exhibit thought leadership and deep understanding of the plans landscape, including cost containment strategies, engagement, utilization, client requirements, market drivers, and buying cycles
- Develop deep knowledge and actively seek current information about plans’ organizational structure, products, services, and markets
- Lead client review calls and face-to-face meetings to review value creation, reporting, additional training needs, project status, outstanding issues, and opportunities to integrate additional Teladoc services
- Manage complex customers and demonstrate the ability to leverage key decision makers
- Oversee all complex internal and external interactions related to the clients, ensuring the best interest of the client and Teladoc
- Coordinate strategy and issue resolution with Finance, Operations, Data Transfer, Legal, Product, and IT
- Provide internal management information to assist in the updating of monthly forecasts and billing
- Develop relationships with clients to support clients use for reference, speaker, and media requests
Leadership Coaching & Team Development
- Dedicated to the success of team and peers, and demonstrate willingness to train/mentor
- Demonstrate a strong ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Provide timely client updates to all company systems, such as Salesforce, Admin, Redmine, and Cognos
- EXPERIENCE: 15 Years in Health Plan Management (working from inside or working outside selling or managing a health system) required
- EDUCATION: Undergraduate degree required
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.