We are looking for a Software Engineer I who is motivated to solve complicated issues in sophisticated software systems. You will assist with building innovative products with our collaborative, cross-functional teams and ensure adherence to code quality standards. As the #1 Telemedicine provider in the world, your work will be seen and used by millions of people each year.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Participate in the design, implementation, testing and shipping of features that can scale to millions of users
- Build features with a major focus on performance, scalability and future expansion
- Write unit and functional automation to validate code quality
- Collaborate with team members to effectively achieve department goals
- Participate in the evaluation of new system integration points to define the data elements and format that is required by each system and/or data source
- Identify opportunities for improvement in system interfaces
- Ensure security and compliance of APIs and assist with discovery efforts
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process preferred (internships ok)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process preferred
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, React, Git, SQL, and APIs
- Knowledge of modern technologies like Docker, Elixir, GitHub, Continuous Integration, etc. preferred
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of ES6, React, Redux and Webpack
- You embody the entrepreneurial spirit, with the ability to drive change and think outside the box
- You have hands-on experience with React etc.
- You have hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails and/or Node JS
- You are comfortable working with MongoDB and/or PostgreSQL
- You can consume and utilize new languages, design patterns, APIs and toolsets
- You are able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Effective communication skills and a willingness to learn are a must
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.