We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer / Tech Lead excited about the complicated technical challenges that come with building innovative products and improving access to care for Teladoc Health’s global membership.
As the global telemedicine leader, we facilitate millions of consultations with doctors every year, covering everything from general medical visits to behavioral health and specialty care. In this role, you will be a core contributor on a collegial, cross-functional team whose mission is to ensure our continued ability to scale in providing private, high-quality access to care to those who need it worldwide.
- Build APIs and web applications that handle complex data models efficiently, while having great architectural design to manage complexity.
- Establish technical decisions and direction for one or many projects/teams.
- Appropriately manage team demands and delegate technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate.
- Direct technical aspect of operations related to escalated client accounts or high severity issues as they affect or confront a project or team.
- Attend to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions to project/team or company related issues.
- Actively work to improve the company’s technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business while establishing and maintaining positive and effective working relationships.
- Be comfortable to work in various stacks (frontend, backend) and with various services (user facing web-apps, API layers etc.)
- Minimum of 5+ years of work experience in software development.
- Hands on experience with Ruby or Java
- Backend: Ruby, Java, Rails, Spring Boot.
- Interfaces/Query languages: GraphQL, SQL, ProtoBuf, HTTP, JSON
- Testing: RSpec, Cucumber, Junit
- Deployment/Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Jenkins
- Other tech we use: Git, GitHub, Linux Cli, Apache MQ, Kafka
- You can consume and utilize new languages, design patterns, and APIs.
- You are able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Effective communication skills and a willingness to learn are a must.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.