We are looking for a hands-on Director of Platform Automation excited about the complicated challenges that come with building organizational and automated systems to ensure the medical the quality, scalable, & reliability of Teladoc’s applications, which serve our members worldwide.
As the global telemedicine leader, we facilitate millions of consultations with doctors every year, covering everything from general medical visits to behavioral health and specialty care. In this role, you will help drive & define our automation-first in all areas of SDLC such as CI/CD, Specs, QA and build automation strategies. In addition, lead a collegial, constantly growing team of automation engineers to ensure the success and quality of our core telehealth applications.
- Work with engineering & product to build scalable, efficient, and effective automation strategies that empower the organization to release new products and features with confidence
- Work with existing QA and DevOps teams engineering automation solutions
- Lead the direction of 1-2 platform engineering teams (both onshore & offshore) and build a groundwork for further team growth and expansion in the future
- Appropriately manage team demands and delegate technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate
- Direct technical aspect of operations related to escalated client accounts or high severity issues as they affect or confront a project or team
- Work with engineering to ensure the smooth operation and success of our dev, QA, DevOps and SecOps environment build systems
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in build engineering automation
- Minimum experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience in building a scalable platform automation organization that spans DevOps and QA
- Hands on experience with Gerkin syntax and it’s implementations (e.g., in Ruby or Java)
- Experience with Jenkins or a similar build system a big plus
- You can build strong working relationships both within the R&D organization and outside of it
- You can identify and promote great ideas within your engineering team and develop team talent remotely
Some tools we currently use:
- QA: Cucumber (Ruby), JUnit, RSpec, and Capybara
- Build: Jenkins, Kubernetes, Git & Github
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.