Reporting to the Sr. Director Product Marketing, you will build and manage the team that focuses on our telemedicine product lines, including Primary Care, General Medical, and Expert Medical Services. You will define and prioritize market opportunities for partners in Product Management to develop solutions against, while owning go to market strategies for new product releases, including building strong value propositions, positioning, pricing, and product release resources to enable flawless launch execution by cross functional commercial teams. The Director, Product Marketing also acts as primary product evangelist who champions the vision of the product to ensure alignment and successful execution of commercial launches.
- Ensures Teladoc Health’s telemedicine product strategy is responsive to the evolving needs of the market and optimized around member and client value
- Develops a deep understanding of the buying audience for the Teladoc Health by conducting research and gathering insights about target personas, buyer needs, and the purchasing decision process
- Works with Corporate Strategy, Insights, Clinical, and Commercial Operations teams, synthesizing competitive intelligence, market research, clinical data, and market analysis to develop a distinct point of view of market needs and R&D opportunities
- Partners with Product Management to build business opportunity proposals for expanding market presence or entering new markets
- Establishes the go to market strategy to drive competitive advantage, market share, and profitability for Teladoc Health’s telemedicine product portfolio, including targeting, positioning, pricing, and baseline messaging
- Leads alignment and communication of go to market vision and strategy across Teladoc Health from executive leadership to cross functional teams, informed by a deep understanding of Teladoc Health’s commercial objectives and operating model
- Coordinates closely with B2B and B2C Marketing, Sales, Accounts, Training, Finance, and Commercial Operations to effectively execute commercial product launches, managing resources efficiently to deliver required documentation, assets, and internal training to empower cross functional teams
- Drives an audience-centric approach to product delivery within Teladoc Health, ensuring that messaging, content, and campaign strategies are centered around Client and Member value
- Functions as an expert on the commercial health of responsible product lines and manages resources to monitor product-level commercial metrics such as market share and profitability
- Leads quarterly executive forums to drive data-driven decisions that optimize the go to market approach for responsible product lines
- Serves as product evangelist to Commercial functions and external stakeholders, ensuring alignment of vision and execution of in-market efforts
- Provides leadership, direction, and mentoring to guide the team in product marketing activities
- Selects, hires, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of their team
- 10+ years of well-rounded product marketing experience in positions of increasing responsibility, with a focus on enterprise-level (solutions, executive-level engagement) products and services
- Proven, recent corporate experience in large, global, technically driven industries
- Clear ability to work effectively with Product Management, Sales, Commercial, and B2B and B2C Marketing functions and integrate outputs from these capabilities into ongoing marketing outputs
- Demonstrated success in navigating ambiguous situations and driving simplicity in complex business environments
- Interpersonal style that is open, collaborative and focuses on team vs. self
- Appropriately humble and low ego and knows how to coach others to greatness
- Demonstrated success in PMR (price/margin realization) across new and legacy products and services
- Strong finance and business experience and demonstrated skills at marketing leadership grounded in business fundamentals
- Exceptional leadership skills with deep business acumen; proven ability to inspire, motivate and provide professional development to marketing professionals in a complex product setting
- Thorough command of strategic product marketing: market assessment, customer segmentation and needs discovery, pricing, positioning, and strategic planning; along with a demonstrated track record of success, performance, and positive business impact
- Experienced and comfortable presenting and defending evidence with cross functional executive stakeholders
- Strong reporting, budgeting, project management, analytical, and prioritization skills
- Ability to work strategically, but also execute as an individual contributor
- Background in healthcare required
- Technology-based product and product category experience strongly preferred
Impress us even more!
- Telemedicine and/or digital health industry experience
- Direct experience in a startup or similar high growth environment
- An MBA
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.