The remote Medical Assistant works in conjunction with clinicians who manage clinical products and services for Teladoc Health members to ensure a high-quality experience for our members and clinical team.
- Administrative Duties include:
- Reviewing intake records for completeness
- Transfer information to Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Scheduling appointments
- Assessing video readiness
- Communication with other health care team members
- Communication with members
- Maintain health information in compliance with corporate and federal regulations
- Others duties as assigned
- Clinical Duties include:
- Taking full history including medications
- Documenting biometric screenings
- Identify preventative measures needed
- EHR chart preparation prior to visit
- Assist nursing staff in preparing care plans
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required, 2+ years of college preferred
- 2+ years Medical Assistant experience
- Customer service experience required
- Bilingual skills highly preferred
- EHR experience preferred
- Video conferencing experience preferred
- Familiarity with Medical terminology
- Proficient computer skills, specifically with Microsoft software
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a high performing team
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced work environment in a growing company
- Medical Assistant Certification required
- Medical vocabulary a PLUS
- LPN/LVN, Nursing Student training helpful
- Ability to work Pacific Time hours
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.