In this newly created role with Teladoc Health as the Corporate Controller you will act as a change agent and lead the team through a process improvement transformation in the Corporate accounting area, executing this change with the tenacity to excite and lead the team through process changes and enhancements. Be an integral part of the project team to put in a new ERP system. Manage various complex accounting areas including Stock-based compensation and administration, convertible debt, internally developed software, among others.
If that wasn’t exciting enough layer on managing a direct team of up to 10 people and larger on a matrix basis. Serving as a strong, positive leader, coach and advisor willing to roll up his/her sleeves to work alongside the team and share process and technical expertise to continually evolve the organization’s capabilities.
This is an exciting time to bring your talents to a mission driven company and an exciting career in digital health.
- Provide accounting and business leadership in support of the Company’s plan to drive shareholder return and longer-term strategic goals
- Lead the Company’s financial close process, including preparation of financial statements and management reporting metrics and analysis. A special focus will be on re-designing, streamlining and automating the close process for Teladoc while maintaining a high level of accuracy and integrity, and ensuring a balanced workload within the organization
- Oversee consolidations and management reporting, working closely with FP&A team
- Manage and ensure compliance with all SEC, GAAP, FASB rules and regulations in addition to state, local and corporate policies, regulations and laws. Collaborate closely with the legal team about the company’s governance processes including being a member of the disclosure committee
- Keep abreast of accounting developments, and research and provide recommendations related to complex accounting issues, including M&A and purchase accounting
- Evaluate current accounting practices and policies to ensure practices and financial reporting are continuously improving, and to meet current and future requirements
- Collaborate closely with internal audit, information technology, tax, treasury, legal and other functions to ensure proper internal controls over financial reporting and disclosure
- Coordinate activities of external auditors, including annual audit, reviews
- Continue to instill a performance culture resulting in meaningful process changes or improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness, as well as meeting the needs of a high growth business Hire, train and retain skilled accounting staff. Build a strong bench of talent and support strong career development, mobility and progression
- A minimum of 15 years, with 6+ years at BIG 4 firm and 6+ at a public company with deep experience managing SEC reporting and Corporate areas in roles of increasing responsibility
- CPA is a must; MBA is a plus
- Industry experience in healthcare and/or technology enabled company a plus
- Experience in public companies facing rapid growth while maintaining the highest standards in accounting practices
- Experience and demonstrated history of driving and delivering performance improvement
- Ability to work under pressure, and to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills. The ability to make consistent and timely decision.
- Highly organized, inquisitive individual who always challenges the status quo and is open to new ideas and considerations
- Strong technically but knows how to over-lay good business sense and deliver solutions in a practical manner. Can create insight and solutions that add value to the senior management team beyond accounting
- Deep and broad accounting rigor demonstrated through mastery of accounting theory and application of technical, complex accounting treatments, including revenue recognition, software development costs and intellectual property licenses, income taxes, stock compensation, business combinations
- Strong understanding of the mechanics of the mergers and acquisitions process, including valuation, due diligence, and post-merger integration. Capital market transactions a plus
- Strong people management skills and track record of recruiting and developing strong talent who have grown into more senior roles. Highly capable of managing a geographically distributed team and leading a team through hyper growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience preparing public filings and preparing materials for earnings releases and board meetings
- Personal presence, excellent interpersonal skills and the cultural sensitivity to work with a diverse, international team; effective and experienced in communication at Executive leadership levels
- Superior intellect with the ability to think critically and make clear and well-reasoned decisions complemented by a sense of passion about the role, company, potential for growth and most importantly the people
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.