The Director of Corporate Development is highly involved in driving Teladoc Health’s growth and will play an important part in ensuring Teladoc Health remains the leader in digital heath and virtual care. Teladoc Health has a track record of highly strategic acquisitions and the Director will be visible, both externally and internally, helping to lead our next phase of industry-leading deals. The Director will work with Teladoc Health’s executive team and business leaders across the organization to develop the strategic rationale for new in-organic business opportunities for Teladoc. He or she will be responsible for building relationships and identifying potential targets, managing due diligence and negotiating deals, and helping to get transactions across the finish line. The Director of Business Development reports to the head of Corporate Development and will be intimately involved in “buy vs. partner” determinations. The Director will work closely with business leaders and across R&D, commercial, finance and legal teams to execute transactions.
- Partner with Corporate Strategy and the executive team to define our M&A strategy and prioritize relevant target areas
- Evaluate new market opportunities and build pipeline of appropriate targets for acquisition
- Cultivate a strong network of relationships with relevant company executives, venture and PE investors, investment bankers and industry experts to source new deals
- Conduct deep due diligence of potential targets
- Manage bankers, advisors, lawyers and other relevant third parties to assist on deal processes
- Work with executive team and legal to negotiate deals
- Detail and quantify synergy opportunities and work with integration team to develop preliminary business integration plans
- Become an expert on the telehealth industry and surrounding digital healthcare ecosystem
- Communicate and collaborate with leaders in all functional areas
- Prepare and present materials for senior management and Board of Directors
The Corporate Development Director must exhibit superior relationship skills with both external parties and internal teams. They must be able to think creatively and strategically about new opportunities, but also act very tactically to develop and execute transactions. Other skills and attributes include:
- Passionate about emerging digital health trends and technologies
- Demonstrated track record of managing a process from strategy through opportunity identification, negotiation and execution of transactions
- Strong financial modeling and due diligence experience
- Extroverted personality that likes to build relationships and has a good network of contacts in digital health
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Organized and methodical, with a structured, data-driven approach to problem solving
- Desire to speak-up and be actively engaged in meetings with senior management teams
- Real bias for action and getting things done
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Strict attention to detail
- Mature, passionate, resourceful and self-directed individual
- Team player that is hard-working and demonstrates sound business judgment
- Expertise in relevant business tools (Excel, PPT, etc.)
- Background in corporate M&A, investment banking, venture capital, private equity or other principal investing experience
- Experience in healthcare and / or technology industries strongly preferred
- MBA from top academic institution a plus
- 8+ years of work experience with at least three years in similar role and/or digital health
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.