Member Services is the first point of contact for individuals with the Teladoc Health membership. Engagement and empathy with members from the beginning is imperative. The primary role of the Expert Medical Services Coordinator is to serve as the primary point of contact for the member to initiate all expert medical services through a variety of communication channels including incoming and outgoing calls, emails and chats. The Expert Medical Services Coordinator uses independent knowledge and judgment based upon experience and training to carry out established policies and procedures associated with assisting Teladoc Health members. Ensures high quality member experience and makes decisions regarding eligibility, service initiation and other member service functions.
- Provide exceptional service to members, represent Teladoc Health and our services in a professional, member-centric manner
- Takes inbound calls daily via the Member-Service queues to ensure timely response to member requests for services.
- Support all member facing service initiation channels to include the client 3rd party portals, Member Portal, Client Online Submissions, member Service General Inbox through outbound calling and emails
- Gather information to determine member eligibility and appropriate course of action
- Communicates daily with members, clients, and management both in writing and by telephone.
- Ability to navigate multiple internal systems to support initiation of services for Teladoc Health
- Demonstrate empathy and actively listen to members
- Extract relevant information from our Members for expedient service
- Document key information clearly and concisely for every call
- Using internal database, search for Experts based upon member needs
- Ensure the highest quality and timeliness for all service initiation
- Ensure HIPAA compliance for all departmental filing and ensures task is completed in a timely manner
- Complies with all applicable compliance regulations (i.e., HIPAA)
- Willing to work outside of established hours when needed
- Consider tasks for improved efficiency and provide management with process improvement recommendation
- Exceptional ability to exceed customer expectations with a focus on issue resolution
- Excellent telephonic communication with the ability to explain concepts in a clear and articulate manner
- Ability to write clear and proficient call synopses
- Superior problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable in recommending process changes to achieve a better experience for members
- Ability to proficiently navigate multiple systems
- Ability to learn new procedures and adapt to changes in working environment
- Able to multitask with regular interruptions while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Focused with a sense of urgency
- High School or equivalent required
- Minimum of 2 years college preferred
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working in a customer-oriented environment preferably in healthcare
- Experience in high volume, fast paced call center a plus
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.