This position is a senior development role that leads a team in building modern, api-driven web and mobile systems within the telemedicine field.
- Build APIs and web-apps using Ruby/Rails, Node or Elixir that handle complex data models
- Oversee the backend delivery of our core services, which are provided via a Restful and JSON APIs
- Document product requirements and create architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with systems/platforms.
- Manage a team and mentor the junior engineers
- Receive business requirements from partners and drive engineering process to estimate, manage expectations and deliver on commitments
- Represent the IT point of view in meetings with internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Technically strong in and enthusiastic about backend systems and solid software architecture
- Strong with both Relational databases (postgres/mysql)
- Experience in a TDD environment and a preference for strong testing
- Experience with BDD testing/Cucumber
- Solid experience with automated build tools for continuous delivery (like Jenkins, TeamCity etc)
- HTML/CSS knowledge
- Understands how to debug hard problems in HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS, SSL, S3, etc.
- Has excellent Linux/Unix CLI knowledge
- Experience with Elixir a plus
- Working source code control (git) knowledge
- Ability to debug and look into performance and memory leak issues
- Fluent in English
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in the STEM fields is highly preferred
- 8+ years’ experience writing production code
The following are desirable but not required:
- Debugging/profiling at the C/C++ level to analyze memory leak and performance issues
- Able to reduce complex requirements and user interaction flows into solid API designs
- Good understanding of common architectural messaging/api patterns and pitfalls
- Coffeescript experience is a plus (although we are removing it from our system)
- Knowledge of other languages
- Healthcare industry knowledge
- Able to speak directly and maturely with a different groups (Product Development, Engineering, Management)
- Sees things from a user's point of view, and figure out the best system flow to implement requirements
- High degree of personal responsibility over designated duties
- Curious and flexible about new technology choices and approaches
- Able to learn and apply new concepts and tools rapidly
- Consistent and organized
- Timely and eloquent communicator
- Focused on helping the team, and improving the health of our members
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.